help my plants are being raped

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by newgrowth420, Jun 11, 2011.

1. my plants are 10 days old and are doing good but i went out today and 3 were eaten by a snail. . how can i get rid of snails?

2. put a bowl of beer near the plants, the slugs will drown in it, or spray ur plants with certain natural and organic pesticides, theres also putting a ring of aluminum aroudn the plants base, the slugs wont cross aluminum i hear.

3. Copper not aluminum other than that what he said beer. Slug bait works good to.

4. I disagree. Copper is not helpful at all. Go to lowes or HD and get some slug bait. It should be in a white bottle and have grey thick liquid inside. That will work 100% of the time. Also I found the beer trick to work but it also attracts more slugs and snails and they may still eat your plants on the way to the beer. Commercial slug bait works best.

5. really its copper? i read a big thing about how aluminum does the trick, not to stray from the post but why wont a slug cross copper? jc

6. #6 earlycyler, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
    Don't rightly know to be honest. I know if it tarnishes though they will cross it no problem. That may have been j hood's problem with it. The last 5 years though I can't recall seeing more than 10 slugs in my area so this is from years back. Things may have changed.

7. The copper didn't work. It wasn't because it was tarnished. I've seen slugs that lived in copper pipes. I've even seen those little suckers cross copper rings and eat my plants.

8. put salt around the base of the pots the snails hate salt it kills them

9. if my plant is still there but has dwindled down to being basically dead like it was suck dry. . . is that from a snail too?

10. Usually its dry because you didn't water it enough. And dont use salt. Salt just soaks into the ground. Slug killer around in circles.

11. put a shit ton of salt around your plants in circles

12. its watered plenty, definatetly not from that :(

13. Did they get eaten further down the stem from the leaves? Put up some pics I'll help you easier then!

14. one was completley eaten and 3 dwindled down to where it looked like they had been sucked dry. . the ones that dwindled down have nothing missing from them but are basically dead, ill try to get some pics up soon

15. diamataceous earth is a good bet. copper never worked for me either... some ppl use the sharp edged rims of cat food cans

16. care to explain more on the carfood?
    i feel the salt would be fine if there was something seperaing it from the ground. like make aplastic ring, cut from an old plastic bin, and put the salt arond the plant on that?