Help! My plants are all dying!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Zeus2009, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ok, so i started about 5 seeds, and they were doing great...Then i added in 5 clones, still fine...I was feeding them a mixture of 'Healthy Harvest' which I purchased from a hydro store, and water. I have 2 lights set up, in a closet, that may emit too much heat, but they were purchased for plants. Each plant has its own 8 inch pot, with a great mixture of soil, and broken up egg shells over the top of the soil. A few weeks ago, 2 of our plants started wilting over and died, both clones, so we assumed that the plants were of a different strain, and didnt enjoy the temp/environment we had for them. We have had 5 more die since then, and only have 3 left now, about to go on 2 as the 3rd is almost gone too!! We had 24/7 light for the first month and a half or so, and about when our first 2 plants died, we had done the light change, and were giving them night for 8-10 hours...All I wanted to do was grow some for smoke, to make it a little less expensive for a little while lol, but, this does not seem to be going good! I have had spider mites, but purchased a solution for spider mites (Green Earth-Bio Mist-Garden Insect Killer), which was good for vegetation (can use up to a week before harvest). This did not seem to harm the plants, as I kept a watchful eye over them, because I did start to see some of the leaves starting to turn yellow and dry (maybe due to the spidermite solution)...so we then thought maybe the yellowing and drying was due to the 'healthy harvest' from the hydro store, so we ceased use for almost 2 weeks, using only water, and it seems like it got worst. I'm out of ideas, and I'm sitting here looking at them right now wondering what to do next! Any info would be great!! I NEED HELP!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to read as well, as I tend to ramble, but I figured the more info the better for everyone else trying to help :)

2. i would try to get some new dirt just normel dirt no fasnys stuff .

and by soem dnf nutes since u live in canada its only 20 bucks for veggy and flowering .

i use walmart dirt the $2.34 a bag of dirt it cheap works well

and a pitcure would help alot if u could get ?

next time u get spider mints use water chillie pepers and lilbit of plant soap in a spray bottle . thats what i use

3. pics would be best, my best guess is overwatering. how often do you water, that was my big problem when I started growing, you need to let the soil dry out between waterings..

4. Thanks for your replies! To the first reply, I didnt really get that good of soil, I bought 2 bags and mixed them, also putting egg shells on top of the soil...And to the second reply, yes, i was allowing them to get dry between waterings.... They seemed to get dry first(even after the drying of the soil, and then watering), and then droop and die...Also, I'm not sure if I can get my hands on a camera, mine isn't working right now, but I will try!!

5. OK if its not overwatering, do you check your PH? what kind of lights are you using? when Im in veg. I give em 20 hrs on 4hrs off, then 12/12 to flower..