Help My first grow with a CUTTING

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by themasta09, Aug 2, 2009.

1. do you know you can flower at any time! all it takes is a 12-12 day. there are people on this forum that flower from seedlings! just an idea. good luck,hippie:wave:

2. Hi guys update (pics coming later)
    Well in my last post with pics that newest growth still looks ok, and shes grown 2 more leaves aswell today, which so far are lush green with no brown tips.

The temp is now a steady 28oC degrees (82.4 farenheit) so thats good.
    The soil is literally bone dry (gonna check the base when i get photos later.

But the biggest and best update today is, Ive got a big air purifier (car boots are fookin awesome!!!!) it cost me 1.50gbp yup less than 2dollars!!!!
    and it works like a charm.
    So thats gonna be perfect for flower time as the smell will be gone (mostly) and obviously CLEAN FRESH AIR!!!

Amazing all i did was listen to 'jd' and 'mills' and now ive got pretty much a perfect setup (for someone who only wants to grow 1 at a time)

Anyway gonna go get some 'sisters' for tonite:smoking: now when i get back i'll do photos and update on soil..

Thanks guys

3. red circles - last 24 hours of new growth!!!

and my air purifier...
    anyway how is she and the soil looking do you think????

Attached Files:

4. #104 themasta09, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
    Ok guys heres a treat off a tip i was given on site yesterday the magical 'macro' mode on my camera...
    The red markers is anything going on inside them (like sexing,pistles) and in general how do you think she is looking???

Also I just fed her 2 pints of 6.4ph water (while she was on the toilet so any excess ran out.
    (so any old fert crap shouldve gone now)

So your thoughts guys???

P>S take a look at post 33 on my thread and look how she looked only 8 days ago -- WOW what a difference!!!!!!!
    Thanks 'jd' and 'mills' from BOTH of us

Attached Files:

5. hey dude, all those pics just look like normal leaf growth to me, after about 4 weeks of veg (most of the time) the plant will start throwing preflowers, you're going to look above the 4th node and it will be nearly invisible to the naked eye, so just get your camera/loupe as close as possible and snap away :wave:

they look kinda overwatered in those pics but if you just got done flushing em that's why

keep it up!

6. #106 themasta09, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2009
    hi jd yep just fed em 2 pints in hope to flush a bit, I left her on the toilet to drain any excess.

does she look ok tho mate
    thanks

7. ive just taken these photos in ultra close up, looking around the net im confused by whether its like pistles or not (one site yes one site no???))
    '
    Let me know guys

Attached Files:

8. HER BRAND NEW GROW ROOM....
    WITH AIR CONDITIONING, AND DESKTOP FAN, AND HPS...AND 6 CFLS.
    BUT MOST OF ALL A STEADY 26-27 DEGREES....:hello::hello::hello::hello:

BUT SHOULD I USE CFLS AND HPS TOGETHER???

Attached Files:

9. hey dude sorry i aint posted for a day or 2 been quite ill was on the site jus didnt ave much energy for posting lol, anyway how she doing? i read up the posts i missed, i see you was asking bout her sex but i guess shes female anyway right? if shes from a cutting? ive never heard of any real use for cloning a male, was u just asking if shes showing yet? as jd said its very hard to see with your naked eye, hears a pic close up of a female preflower to give you an idea, its not my pic i just found it 2 show ya
    also if you can get away with useing HPS & CFL's it should be ok as long as you can keep the temps under control & got good air movement etc

Attached Files:

10. On my crappy little work laptop right now so can't comment on whether you're seeing pistils or not until I get home...

Looking pretty good man, nice job! I gotta tell you, you should scrape together the equivalent of the $5 USD it would cost to get a piece of decent quality poly board/ply wood that you can cut to make the box, or about twice that if you can afford fir or birch plywood, which is pretty sweet for this purpose. Cardboard just scares me as it seems like much more of a fire hazard than a properly constructed wood-framed or even plastic/metal box. Might be worth looking into, don't want to see you lose your house my dude.

11. #111 themasta09, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2009
    Cheers jd i'll wait for your verdiict,,

With the new setup I should be abkle to run both HPS AND CFLS for flower, whilst be able to keep heat down.
    (well im always at home between 11am and 11pm so i was gonna turn lights off during the nights and have lights on during day - someone is ALWAYS in during day--but thanks alot for the thought 'jd' nice)

I mean should i run 6 20w cfls and a 70w HPS light to flower????????????:wave:

P.S..
    THIS IS WHAT A BOUGHT AT THE CARBOOT - WILL THIS SORT THE ODOUR OUT???
    NSA 1200A Environmental Air System
    (Personal Air Filter)

* Lightweight Personal Air System
    * Absorbs and neutralizes most odors
    * Filters air fast with a dual blower system
    * Perfect for home or office/blends with any decor
    * High-tech polymer construction is durable and easy to clean

* 3-year limited warranty
    * Four-stage filtration
    1. Pre-filter for large particles
    2. Tightly woven polyester particle screen
    3. 3 M Brand Filtrete™ Electrostatic Media for particles
    4. EC-1270® Tri-Media Filter for gases and odors
    * High speed-120V 33 Watts .033KW 50CFM
    * Low speed-120V 20 Watts .020KW 36CFM
    * Dimensions: 10" wide, 12" high, 71/2" deep
    * Effective range: 1200-1500 cubic feet

12. Hi guys i think you will agree she is looking TOP BANNANA now....

She got MYLAR (thanks 'mills69') on hher, 6 cfls around her, and the 70w HPS above her, 2 fans fanning her, with air con.
    Shes going into 12/12 tonight, sso thats gonna be fun..

The pics show some nice closeups of her, and her new home..
    She hasnt beenwatered for 3 days so tomorrow whenlightts come on (timer) Imgonna feed her some 6.4ph water with half the recommened dose of 'biobuzz' biobloom..

The heat & nute burn problem has disappearednow (thanks 'jd&mills69) and all her new growth (which aintjust on top theres 2 lots of stems at top producing and about 3 roundsides-soi guess shes loving the new light setup and the fans)
    So i think its a good time to begin the flower.

Attached Files:

13. #113 mills69, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
    hey dude dont forget when your watering her with nutes to PH adjust the water after you have added the nutes to the water rather than PH'ing the water then adding them, hope it goes well but do remember on her dark cycle it has to be 100% darkness with not even tiny light leeks some people say its ok but ive read loads on it making the plants hermie, im glad i checked my box before hand as i thought it was fine but found it was far from it lol glad i got it sorted b4 flower, just a heads up dude

ps looking good dude be ready for a big jump in size lol

14. hey bud, sorry haven't been around lately, new woman taking up all the time :p

plant looks great...you did an awesome job man and it's good to see somebody take advice and actually see that advice come to fruition for them...keep it up, that attitude of always being willing to learn will take you far in life for sure...

I think you're right, now's a fine time to flip the switch, but to echo what mills said, NO LIGHT LEAKS! Get some plaster/putty to fill in any cracks/holes (which you might not have with this particular setup, but in a 20x10 sealed room that's a week long chore by yourself :laughing:) in any case, as long as you make entirely sure that your shit is completely lightproof you are good to go my friend...in about 2 months you'll be thinking about harvesting and curing, and in 3 months you'll be enjoying the best type of weed there is, the type you grew yourself :wave:

15. Thanks soooooooo much 'jd' & 'mills69'
    If itwasnt for your advice i would probably have a pretty crap or even worse a dead plant.
    I hadnt got a clue when i got her, but with friendly advice ive managed to build a decent grow room with the right stuff, and the right nutes and the right care.

Many thanks Im gonna turn the lights of tomorrow evening because I wanna feed her in the morning so i think it will be better to let her take the feedbefore her first switch off (i reckon if shes been fed before a switch she will have more tools at her disposal to deal with the shock of the switch)

Soo i will take some 'final day' pics tomorrow and thenupdate every 2 days (so we can all compare size after a couple of days on flower)
    Of course unless irun intotoany problems in the meantime.

Thanks again:hello::hello:from bothof us

16. forgot to ask guys when and where on her could i get 2 cuttings. try n point out the best place to take them from? im thinkin prolly low down??

17. i dont know for sure(only just started cloning myself few weeks ago) but yea id say get cuttings from lower down(what i did) as those branches dont get so much light so it would make sence, make sure you take cuttings before she starts to flower as its much harder or longer to get them to root when in flowering(but not impossible), also dont forget to get a good rooting hormone power(or gel) & use a sterial blade (i use surgery scalpuls lol) theres a sticky somewhere on here if you need any quick info

18. first of all +rep for being from the uk and i advise takin thee sen to b&q and getting some westland tomato feed works a treat :D cheap as chips as well me ole mukka :D keep us posted :D

19. Cheers 'mr knows nothin'
    In the end I got some nice 7-7-7 food, for the early days which took her thru veg
    (as you can see from 2nd august to now the difference is incredible)
    and on this blog 'mills69' recommened 'biobizz's' BIO BLOOM for flower so that should do her now.

Tonights the BIG switch Im gonna give her a feed (1pint of 6.2ph water, mixed with 1ml of bio bloom) I think do it this way then she will have a bit of goodness to see her thru her first night, then I will steadily increase the dose until its around 5ml per liter of water..

She has so mouch new growth all over (as ive got lights 360 degrees around her and above) and also her top now produced 'symetrical' leaves on opposite sides.

Im also gonna get some gardeners string (in case she starts to go heavy)
    She has loved all the new mods i made which were 'guided' for me by "JD' & 'MILLS69' so if anyone noobies like me are reading this (just follow what ive been told (as the pictures speak for themselves - a picture doesnt lie)

Thanks for your comment and good luck with your babies..
    UK & CANADA A WINNING COMBINATION:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

P.S
    LATEST PICS WILL BE ON HERE 11PM GMT

20. hey dude good luck with the switch ova, good thing is you will find its harder to give your plant nute burn with organic nutes not that you wanna do that lol but still, just keep an eye on what the plant telling you as you increase the nutes ive never had to go as high as 5ml of biobizz to a liter i did once and it burnt it slighly so just pay attention to her & your be set should be good shit biobizz is some nice stuff