Help My first grow with a CUTTING

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by themasta09, Aug 2, 2009.

1. yea thats 1 of the ones i got, thats the 1 for flowering but seeing as your going 2 have to flower soon(i assume) thats cool, the one for veg they do is called bio-grow, i cant tell you 100% how much 2 use etc, but you should be ok to start out useing half the recommended dose that it says try that for week or 2 & look out for any burn or deficiency & you can adjust from there, i start out at 1/4 strength but mine aint clones, your plant is is the same age as the mother it came from so is prob already mature or not far off,

ps you might want to get a second opinion about how much to use as thats just what i do but this stuff has NEVER given my plants any nute burn, & best of all its 100% organic!

2. cheers mills, I just got some 'j arthur bowers' plant feed aswell, to use now (until proper flowering and the NPK IS 7-7-7,
    Im gonna see around the net about it befre i use it, but i'll wait til 'jd' comments.

Im picking the 70w HPS in a bit aswell, so could do with knowing whats the best thing to do in my situation with regards to lights, (a pic of my light setup is in a earlier post).

Take it easy
    Peace dude

3. #64 themasta09, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
    Now for update!!
    I do have a couple of questions id like answered today please.

Ok in the pics,
    1--what is going on where the blue circles are? preflower????
    2--You can see the odd few tips which are brown red circles(i have flushed a bit more water thru and the tip thing doesnt seem to be getting worse, and today her colour is beautiful)

Also as im just going to get the HPS light, what should i do?
    I have the 6 cfl 23w and 2 pc fans now.
    So do i continue with this until 'flower' then put just the HPS in????

She is drinkling water like mad, (could this be due to that 'baby bio' crap i used.

I have a 7/7/7 NPK ready to use in a week or so i think (again help me)
    I have the -Bio Bizz Bio Bloom Organic 500ml (i presume purley when i start to flower-please help again)

Apart from that it looks good, and if she grow 2/3 times bigger when vegging and then grows x2 when flower then im getting to the size i want to start her vegging at (again could i get some advice on this)

Many thanks 'mills' and 'jd'

P.S I have justed 'misted' the plant thats what the water is on leaves, i did this to help it get that crappy baby bio out of its system

************UPDATE 2**********************
    ITS 8.20PM in uk, ive just re-arranged the lights ive taken out the middle light (with the big reflector on)and another light, and moved the other 4 more to the sides. so ive got 4 cfls, then above that about2 feet from plant ive suspended the 70w HPS.. Im still vegging at the mo so is this a good light setup and should i now go to vegging light cycle???? ive added a pic of lights

Peace out o grand masters :hello:

Attached Files:

4. the ones with the x have gone and the other 4 moved in direction of blue arrows, (i did this to let as much hps light in.

Attached Files:

5. i think thats just new growth circled in the blue rings from what i can see,
    as for the HPS i only ever use CFL's so im not much help with that all i will say is keep a VERY close eye on the temps as HPS runs much hotter than CFL's, and will need to be futher away from the plant,

as for those brown tips if it was me i really wouldnt worrie about them(although some1 else mite say diff lol) their not getting worst & not on the new growth so its all good, they wont heal but thats fine, it's prob just from the baby bio, (my girl keeps getting tips abit like that but thats coz every moring i check on her shes grown like almost a fuking inch & got to the lights lol, its mental no joke!!)

i have read many times that if mj plants are drinking fuck loads of water they might need to be transplanted (not much soil for the roots) but it dont look like yours really needs to be(i dont think) so im not sure, it has been quite hot up my way(hamshire) the last few days & my girl has been drinkin bit more than norm, might just be that, just make sure ur not keeping the water to wet

6. #67 themasta09, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    yeah its been hotter for, tonite some of her new tips are curled over so thats why i took the middle light out just in case i was getting her too hot, i will check on her in a min and report back.
    I mean she has grown like crazy last few days and getting quite bushy (for a noobie with no rela things til now0
    but now i got all the correct stuff --bio buzz,7/7/7 npk, 6 cfls, 1 hps, and balanced 6.4 ph water she should get strong and get better im like checking her constantly as i cant put a light cycle on until she lookin fine.

but hopefully that tip browning will clear up (or at least no make any overall difference if it stays)
    i think the next couple of days will give me the answer about switching her to a light cycle.
    Fingers crossed she now grows and prospers. (i have had a sister of hers just so sorry if im rambling on, lol)

what i have just done tho is add 1 pint of water with a tiny oamount of that new 7/7/7 to hopefully balance out that crappy baby bio

7. URGENT UPDATE 00.52AM uk

Just seen those top leaves whats that about????they ends have curled over??
    and how she lookin, and whats the light setup like???
    also for your ref the box where hps is 4 foot deep and plant and tub is 24 inch high so thats around 2 foot from plant i know shes not 'closed' in - but the wardrobe is and that does keep most of light in but for 1 little plant i think this is ok until flower???

8. #69 themasta09, Aug 14, 2009
    oopsie

also just moved her from sitting directly on the saucer as thats got water in, so at least any excess water can drain out instead of just clgging the bottom of the plant

Attached Files:

9. whats the temp at the top of the plant? i think i read that they can do that if the lights 2 hot but im really not sure on that could be something else, think its called taco-ing as they look like taco's

10. #71 jd4083, Aug 14, 2009
    Man that setup looks so incredibly unsafe, but that's just because I'm a paranoid OCD perfectionist about that shit :p seems to be working fine...as mills said above cupping or "tacoing" can be caused by too much heat/light, certain nutrient deficiencies, imbalanced pH, etc. you could have any combination of these, hard to tell...but as i mentioned before...first thing you should do is go get even a basic pH test kit for 5 bucks at the local hardware store/pet store/megamart and make sure you're at or around 6.7-6.8...test the pH of your water, test the pH of your soil after nute addition, so on and so forth. They look like they're doing well enough given the circumstances, keep up the good work

edit- get a thermometer in there and record temps at different areas of the box...you're looking for around 75-80 as an optimal temperature range, willing to bet in the summer heat (depending on where you live and how hot your house is, of course) and without any ventilation, plus with the aluminum foil causing hotspots, you're at at least 80-85 as it stands even with cfls :wave:

11. hi guys i got a ph & nutrient testing kit, and a thermometer...

Does she look ok today??????
    im a bit worried she seems to have lost that lush green she had???
    please let me know

2 pics.

the temp was 32 c so yep far too hot so i rigged a big fan up.
    i had 2 resutls from testing soil, 1 was a lightbrwn (6.0 acidic)
    and the other was just a straight dark green 8.0 alkaline???
    now im even more confused.....

im glad smoking it isnt that confusing (well until after youve had a couple, lmoa)

Attached Files:

12. dunno wot happened

13. im not sure why shes got kinda pale, may just be the light makeing the pic look worst than it is, though if she is getting pale & loosing her "lush green" it could be from heat/light stress but i dont really know, its not like ur running a 1000watt HPS lol, but i guess it can still happern ive seen some pics that do look bit like urs & it was from light/heat stress, but id still research it yourself (dont just take my word lol)
    anyway heres couple pics(not gr8 pics) of my girl, just thought u might wanna see, your the first 2 see her lol! been flowering for less than 3 weeks not the best plant but im happy i think shes on track for 2 & a half weeks flowering

Attached Files:

14. check your pH before watering and then after watering, and like I mentioned also check your water's pH a couple of different times (fresh from tap, after sitting for a while, etc.)

from what I can see in the pics it's the heat that's doing that to your plant...you need ventilation and you need it quick!

remember that one plant I showed you before? it had this same issue because of the lack of fresh air in the cab

15. #76 themasta09, Aug 14, 2009
    Hi guys, thanks 'mills' i'll come down for a smoke of her lol..

Lovely plants i like it when they are more taller and less erm bush like..

UPDATE:-
    Ive just been with her for half an hour ive 'turned' the soil gently with my fingers avoiding her roots, made the drainage better as this was holding a lot of water, Ive moved a big fan blowing down onto her cos it was like ----34 degress!!!!!!----
    I cant see any more bugs and yes 'mills' you are right the light actually made her look pale, when i took her out to do the drainge hole she was a nice green...

Ive had a magnifiying glass up and i found 2 pistils and now she also has a couple o f7 leaves starting...

I think (only going by what ive read and what you 2 have said, if the temps do persist i am defo gonna just start vegging on 18/6 - that way it let her cool somewhat, iam totally happy right now with how big she is, as im a lone smoker and dont need much)

I also do want a clone whenever you tell me i can get one, and with that im gonna do 'SCROG'

(just doing another ph check with the fresh turned soil) i'll update this blog in a min...->
    Hi jd im chceckin the ph as much as poss, the water is 6.4 exactly thats 100% definate.
    and third soil test produced greeny/brown which according to chart is anything from 7-8 with high 'potash'
    I hope this helps a bit, but thanks to you guys i feel more happy about her now.
    and im sure the half an hour turning soil etc will have helped her.

Apart from that thanks guys and nice girls mills...:D

16. Vegging 18/6 to lower temps is a very temporary solution for a permanent problem! For your safety/security and the health of the plant, you need proper ventilation and odor control as soon as possible! If you'd like I can walk you through making a homemade carbon scrubber (which costs less than $15 to do here in the states, not sure how much over there) and also the sorts of fans you could get away with in there that won't break the bank.

Sorry I haven't been able to chime in much lately, way too much work and not enough time to do it all, this 85-90 hour a week thing is killing me :wave: if it wasn't for my Green Crack I don't think I'd be able to do it

[​IMG]

17. Forgot to ask, what is the pH of your runoff water? (i.e. the liquid that drains through the soil) Take note of it the next time couple of times you water and let me know what you see.

18. yea that temp was to high i think they can stop growing with temps above 85-90f, ideally you need to keep the temps between 75-78(i think), as jd said your going 2 need to setup PROPER ventilation intake/outake now your using HPS, ive not really had a need 2 setup major ventilation as im only using CFL & really dont have the money, but as any knowlegable grower (like jd etc) will tell you good ventilation is a MUST,
    i can get away with just 2 pc fans(that i can run at a range diff speeds) & a desk fan, with that ive been able to keep a steady temp of 77-79

ps those pics were the same plant i only got one on the go, but i took some good load of clones b4 i flowered her so soon as shes done i got another 2 put straight into flower then when thats done put another in2 flower & so on & so on

19. #80 themasta09, Aug 14, 2009
    Hi guys, fookin amazing plant 'jd' mmmmm...

Anyway i juyst been to check on temps since last post and wow!! 34 c!!!!!
    She definately hasnt hardly gronw like you say mills, so ive turned the HPS off for now,..

This is my new plan (as like you mills im broke)
    1-Daytime no HPS JUST 5 CFLS,
    2-Nighttime switch HPS back on for a bit,
    3-Leave wardrobe open all day (cos its like a cooker in there otherwise)
    4-Look into making a carbon scrubber (i aint bothered about smell so gonna leave this for now)
    5-Go on to 18/6 - 2am until 8am
    6-In 4 weeks put HPS BACK IN TO FLOWER.
    7-get 2 clones at least (when you think is best mills?)

Apart from that as long as i keep the temps down i think she will be ok, but yes she aint grown since last night at all, on top so temps too high,

So is this a decent plan (i know long term it aint perfect but until i get some money together in a month or two then i get me clones and do it all proper)

Your thoughts guys
    :wave: