Help my buds drying out

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by XxblueboyxX420, Sep 13, 2010.

1. I live in the northeast in Maine and we been having some really shitty weather. Cloudy and rain. Somedays sun but only 68-72 degrees. When it rain or just cloudy. About 65. Some of my buds getting brown on the white buds. My plant still need to bud more but don't want it to
    die Any idea or what should I do

2. Sounds like its maturing just fine. Post some pics! Irs much easier to help with a visual

3. the brown spots could be rot. you might want to cut out the mould or it will spread

4. Without a picture, that's what it sounds like. In damp weather it can spread very fast.

5. I would pick off one of the smaller colas not the nice big ones. Open it up and see if the middle is rotting. I had buds that i harvested looked like a 10 from the outside, but on the inside it had mold. couldnt even tell until i broke it open inside

6. Well I've been served. Lol

The mold would dry out the buds?

7. heres picture

Attached Files:

8. #8 yoctown, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
    lol the hairs look like they are changing orange. I don't know about the "drying out". The hairs changing means the plant is getting closer to being done. Maybe im missing something in the picture but i dont think so. Everything looks good to me :)

9. right now its 55 out and plant outside... gets about 66 to 68 maybe tomorrow.. but thinking its rotting.. time to cut but she still needs to bud

10. I'd wait and see what happens doesn't look like anything drastic.

11. Soo far been like a week or soo without watering it.. since of rain and not really hot and warm.. cloudy

12. When you start to see some of its calyx hairs start changing color that means the calyx is starting to mature and yours look fine and still have a ways to go. What your seeing is perfectly normal.

13. how sure are you.. sure not rotting.. weather here all messed up.. nights can be anywhere from 47 to 56 and days are 65 to 72 Avg N 50 D 60 Degrees..

ill have more pictures tomorrow

14. Totaly fine from what I see in your pic above, heres a link to my outdoor grow, second link is to a pick that also has a couple of hairs that turned brown then check out the harvest pics on the last page.

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/632781-first-outdoor-grow.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachme...43d1280006801-first-outdoor-grow-pict0118.jpg

15. Bud rot looks different good luck buddy. Your growing just fine. Start doing research on when to pick and how to process cause you will need it soon. :smoking:

16. rot normally starts on the inside of the flowers so its hard to see from the outside until it get s bad . but still i cant see any thing negative in that picture

17. Looks just like the hairs are browning a little no big deal there keep it dry and you will do fine

18. Hey -

Yes... What Adonis said!! A picture is worth all the words you could ever attempt to use to describe your grow situation! I read your topic and was not sure if it was talking about buds that had already been harvested or buds still on the plant! If they are still on the plant you are doing fine!! More info helps....

Kisses -
    Hott ;)