HELP!!!! My Babies are dying!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by crazybob2u, Jan 24, 2003.

1. This is my first attempt at hydro.
    In fact its my first real attempt at growing at all!!
    Both of these plants were in dirt when I got them and they looked pretty good when I transplanted them last week to the hydro. system on 1-17-03.
    Just in the past couple of days they have begun to droop and the lower leaves are turning yellow.
    The nutrient solution consists of:( Per Gallon )
    (As per the Cannabis Grow Guide)

Miracle Grow Patio 1tsp
    Epsom Salts 1/2 tsp
    Human Urine 1/4 cup
    My reservoir is approx.3 gallons.
    I am using 150 watt hps in a 6'x4'x2'cabinet.
    Temperture is constantly 68-72 degrees at plant level.
    PH was around 6.4 last sunday and now today is at 7.6.
    Im sure that is my problem...I hope!!
    Please see my pics if they turn out.
    Thanx,
    Crazybob

2. The solution your using sounds like it's for soil...and why are you using Epsom Salts for hydro?! Your best bet, if you really want to save them, is to put them back in the soil asap IMO.

3. Your pH is too high, needs to be 5.2 to 5.8 optimum.

Your nutes are for soil and are not hydro, You are burning your plants up by overfertilizing.

No human urine in a hydro system

Cut your epsom salt to 1/4 tsp

And it is not a good idea to start plants out in soil and transplant them to a hydro system. The root shock can kill them as well.

Vataloco, epsom salts provide the essential nutrient manganse that most hydro nutes don't have. Its always good to add a little epsom salt to a hydro and a soil grow as well.

4. Ahh cool, I thought Bob really was crazy.

5. HEY DUDE JUST SOME SIMPLE ADVICE..THEY MAKE A TON OF VERY GOOD PRE MIXED HYDRO NUTRIENTS AND THEY ALL WORK VERY WELL...IV'E USED A COUPLE DIFFERENT ONES AND HAVE FOUND OUT TAT I LIKE IONIC...IT'S FUN TO COME UP WITH YOUR OWN RECIPE BUT WHEN YOUR DEALING WITH SOMETHING AS EXPENSIVE AS SEEDS ARE WHO WANTS TO MAKE A MISTAKE...GOOD LUCK DUDE..REVRAND