Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help! My anxiety is off the roof!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by killerkarla23, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I'm a smoker of 3 years or so.. not sure what is all of a sudden happening (although I have panicked off weed before since I do have general anxiety, PTSD, and such.. it just started happening and I'm not sure if it's because of less consumption since ya know life and keeping up with work. I used to be a big pothead and never had these issues before now I just smoke a little less. This new type of anxiety (pr so ot seems cus I've never felt this bad that I remember) is taking over me again as I beat it the last time through smoking. Now my symptoms are my head feeling heavey, numbness, tight throat, neck muscles tight and cold sensations like my nerves are tingling all through my neck and head like when you panic, clammy hands, and shakey. I can go into severe panic mode and I have to turn to my meds all the time now.. help! Weed is my coping mechanism.. maybe its stress and anxiety from sudden life events as well on top of added stress.. please tell me I will get through this like I have before.. can anyone relate?? I cant quit I love the Chronic. Its throwing me into depression. I'm scared of being allergic to weed (yes I know that's silly but I laughed too until I heard others says it's a thing so now im.not sure anymore...) HELP.... PLEASE..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Sounds like you should just smoke less at a time, take a few less hits. I been smoking for 20 years and I still get paranoid if I smoke too much, I have enough experience to notice it and let it go cuz it's the weed talking, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was a big smoker for about 15years, but in the last year after a sudden life event I am now experiencing anxiety, started to experience headaches and I felt a huge weight on my shoulders. It made me overthink everything, I felt so much stress that it put me into depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. I tried stopping for a few months and than it got better. I love pot too much so I thought I would give it another try but yet again I was experiencing the same things. It was so confusing, Weed use to relieve my stress and anxiety but yet now it was causing it for me. Quite frustrating seeing your friends enjoy it and you not being able to. I think it just depends on the stage of life you are at. What I suggest is trying different types of strains, less potent strains and ones which are high in CBD.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had the same issue before. I get in a hot shower and relax until it's gone.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. I can't quit but it's causing issues? That sounds just like an addict. Go read your post again, How can anyone help you with a quote like that? No one here has magical words that will fix your issues. I can't quite but it's causing me issues? Really?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Some people use cannabis medically for legit pain. I do. I take nothing else while dealing with degenerative bone and disc, scoliosis, arthritis, bulged and herniated discs. Panic attacks happen, just relax and chill in the hot shower. Not stand, sit the Hell down in the hot rain and happy place that shit.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do you experience those same physical symptoms when you are not consuming Cannabis? I am curious, when you do consume Cannabis, how much do you smoke in 1 sitting?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. No not really unless I'm having a panic attack with out weed.. it used to he bowls after bowls.. now its tiny puffs and I cant even handle that.. I think maybe taking a couple days break.

10. Your digging way too deep into that.. I think any consumer freaks our over discontinuing use. I'm not used to it. I wasnt looking for magical words I wanted to see what others did and if it goes away.. mad over a post, smh...

11. Right now i have purple hindu kush.. its indica so Imaginw that's best for anxiety? But I felt like this reign of terror now everytime I smoke it.. I've decided on taking a couple days break.. or just quitting.. thanks for your input!

12. Exactly what I'm feeling theres tension in my shoulders neck and head and freaks me out.. I geuss this is it for me? As I still have an ounce and half sitting down in my living room.. thank you for your input:)

13. It definitely is lol although It sends me through a trip and yet i barely feel high..anyway I geuss since my new job I dont smoke as much as I used to.. but yes I agree and maybe giving it a couple of day breaks and see what happens.. and thank you for your input:)

14. Yes really now move on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Not exactly.. it feels mostly weed induced. Thinking it's time for a break or just quit.. I now only smoke about a couple puffs and it throws me off..

16. Don't be a dick when you ask for advice and don't get the advice you are looking for.

The other poster is 100% correct. "X is causing me major problems but I can't stop doing it!" IS classic addict behavior.

• Like Like x 3
  17. What type do you recommend? I've tried some on smoke shops and they never seemed to do much.. but I'm not sure if im getting a 'real deal' will look into it..

18. Yes really move on.