help moving from soil to hydro...

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by headiebudz, Oct 21, 2010.

1. I have decided to give hydro a try, DWC to be exact and I need help moving my seedlings from the soil and peat cups they are in to the DWC setup. I have read mix reviews about transplanting from soil to hydro and figured I would see what my fellow GC members think. I put the germinated seeds into organic soil on October 10th. I only have two plants and they are both approx. 2 inches tall or so. So my question is can this be done? Is it too early to transplant? and what is the best way to go about doing this? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Also if this is in the wrong section MODS feel free to move it.

2. You can do it but its tricky. I transplanted two plants from soil to a flood and drain system and unfortunately killed one by doing so. The other one looks weak and droopy but new growth is starting to emerge so I'm hopeful. Just be sure to clean all the soil off before transplanting. If there are too many roots and most embedded into the soil I wouldn't risk it.

3. I transplanted four plants no problem..

be very gentile when removing the plants from the soil. fill a sink with tepid water and very gently remove the soil from the roots.

My plants looked really droopy at first, and took to the new envirnoment no problem