Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

help! moldy weed. safe to cook with?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by vapingchef420, Feb 2, 2013.

1. So I've had a qp of some shakey trim like materials to cook with for about 2 weeks since it was last opened and when I checked it today it had a sour smell and looks a tint whiter in color. Basically my question is if anybody has cooked with moldy weed and if its possible to kill off all the mold at certain temperatures without cooking off the active ingredients??? Please if anybody knows anything about this let me know. Thanks

2. When my weed went moldy I did this.

1. Cut off all visible mold
    2. Put in the oven at 225 for 10 mins
    3. Smoke or vape or make into edibles.

3. I just can't be sure it just smells different and I'm not trying to make anybody sick off my edibles especially because everyone knows I make very potent batches so I don't want to ruin my reputation and whatnot plus its just not right feeding people something that could get them sick. Well since not many people have any info on this I guess I'm gonna have to wing it and see if I get sick before others eat any

4. Wouldn't an alcohol extraction kill the mold? Try the recipe in my signature.

5. It wouldnt feel nice knowing your brownies were made with moldy weed not sure if its safe tho doubt it.

6. I second this. Alcohol will kill every last bit of mold on your weed.

7. Citric acid extraction with maybe?

8. I've done some research and according to some mold can't be killed with heat unless its over 2300 degrees which is way past the point of combustion and I've also heard iso hash will still have mold inside of it so idk what to do

9. #9 Atlblazer, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Iso or Bho extract it, then use the remaining product to cook with. Heat plus chemicals = no mold right :) hopefully?

Try one yourself?

Looked around. Found something that said, "In order to kill microorganisms, especially the molds A. fumigatus, A. flavus and A. niger, Levitz and Diamond suggested baking marijuana at 150 C (302 F) for five minutes. They also found that tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) was not degraded by this process."

Source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_marijuana#Harm_reduction

its wiki so its not 100% truthful maybe. I would say do what it says on there, then make the resulting into hash of some sort, and cook with that.

One more edit on this post, another thing that came to mind. Water cure the bud, and strain off the water, and add new periodically. It might also take off some of the possible mold.

10. Thanks everybody but I think I'm just gonna play it safe rather than sorry and just toss it out. Its not worth getting sick or harming others