HELP- moldy bud = honey oil?????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RickyJ, Oct 11, 2006.

1. I was curing my harvest in small jars and was a bit hasty on opening the jar everyday on a few, about 2 ounces went moldy. I got to it still in the white fuzzy stage so theres no bad smell or yellow dots. sooo Can I just mix it with the leaves I plan on making honey oil with? does any one think the butane would sanitize it or what? I know think im gonna end up throwing it out but :(. the oil would be personal for consumption so im not looking to burn someone with a big bad batch of moldoil. I have already moved those jars away from my stash and have been careful not to disturb the spores or whatever. my digital camera is a pig for batteries, i'll soon get some and post pics.

2. Not sure about honey oil but I've used moldy buds to make ice hash (bubble hash) and it turned out great!

3. can't you just kill the mold (uv lights?) and still smoke it?

4. rule of thumb, once pot has molded, well, it's really useless. I've had that happen to me several times. Sucks. When your curing, you have to check your buds 3 to 4 times a day to make sure they don't get to wet. if it smushes together, then its to wet. should have a springy feel. if it feels like its getting crunchy, then ya better ad some lettuce to get it moist. Remember, don't let it dry out. But don't let it get to wet and mold. It can be a pain, but its worth it in the long run.

5. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1255289" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>jobepro2</TD><TD class=alt2>rule of thumb, once pot has molded, well, it's really useless. I've had that happen to me several times. Sucks. When your curing, you have to check your buds 3 to 4 times a day to make sure they don't get to wet. if it smushes together, then its to wet. should have a springy feel. if it feels like its getting crunchy, then ya better ad some lettuce to get it moist. Remember, don't let it dry out. But don't let it get to wet and mold. It can be a pain, but its worth it in the long run.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Moldly bud kills ....use it at you own risk...me personally i would throw it out,.....unless you like lung infections.:wave: