Help! Mites!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by farmergreen420, May 11, 2010.

1. #1 farmergreen420, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    Hey guys, I think one of my plants has mites. I see a bunch of white specs crawling around in the soil. Are those mites?

If so, how do I get rid of them?

Please hurry! My plant is dying!

P.S. The mites won't touch any of my other plants for some reason. So that's good.

2. Do you see any on the leaves or stem? Are they wormlike or more round?

3. You'll typically see might damage on your leaves and/or webbing before you ever see the mites.
    Sounds like fly larvae or thripe larvae getting ready to become fly's or climb your plant, I'd advise you identify & deal with the pest.
    And the other plants probably are effected and just not showing signs.
    I think theres a pest & disease forum on G.C. might try posting descrip/pic in there.
    S.S.

4. They're worm like, and no they're not on the leaves

5. Have you looked at some pics and diagnosed them?
    They don't have to be on the leaves, black fly lavae
    does its damage to the roots and then becomes
    fly's.
    Sounds like thripes, they live in and lay eggs in the plant & leaves,
    and it is quite common for the eggs to drop into the soil,
    have you checked your leaves with a 30x scope?
    S.S.

6. I'm thinking they're thripes then... they look like little larva's crawling around in the soil

How do I get rid of them?

7. I'm a big fan of teaching a person to fish and they'll feed themselfs for a lifetime.
    Do they look like this
    [​IMG]
    or this
    [​IMG]
    Here's some very good resources for diagnosing pest & disease issues
    The Complete guide to Sick Plants,pH, and Pest troubles! - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums
    http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/25983-nutrients-bugs-various-problems-guide.html
    And if those resources don't have the answers you seek theres a whole forum on plant pest & disease issues Sick Plants and Problems - Grasscity.com Forums.
    No muss-No fuss brother,
    S.S.