Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me with my homework! Just pitch in ideas!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by diegz, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Okay guys, I have to do a 600 word essay in less than 3 hours. I'm already 1/3 done so that's good.

Anyways my class has to do an essay on rioting.

Everyone chose anti rioting, I chose pro rioting and I'm starting to regret it now.

I have 2 pretty good points/arguments and I need one more.

So far I have that rioting has political effects (Libya, Egypt, Tunisia) and that peaceful protests don't receive as much media attention as a riot.

Obviously I'm going to state that riots are acceptable under certain circumstances. (Rioting over a hockey game is "unacceptable").

Democracy is the people's voice, if the government takes away our freedom of speech we shall take direct action to retrieve that right back.

I'm not expecting you guys to help me, but if you do that would be extremely appreciated. :)

I know you guys are smart (because you smoke cannabis) so think about one more point.

I'd appreciate incredibly, thanks guys, one love.:smoke:

2. Oh and btw, I'm in college before anyone accuses me of being underage lol :D

3. #3 diegz, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    So just think about one good thing about rioting. How it can have a political, economical or any positive effect on society or whatever.

Edit: I should stop posting and start working on my damn essay.

4. The thing people fail to realize about most rioters...Is that we've tried writing congress or our representative, we've tried writing the white house (not capitalized out of spite), and we've done the peaceful marches/protests.

And still they have a gigantic cock in both their eyes and ears...So, we move onto fire, and a lot of it.:cool:

5. IDK if you could relate it to what people are doing on wall street. I don't know just an idea.

6. "I know you guys are smart"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[​IMG]

Seriously, people on this forum, especially Apprentice, are idiots. Partly because they're almost all stoned.

Anyway, you chose pro-rioting just to be contrary? It's pretty obvious riots are stupid and unsuccessful. Good luck convincing everyone that they're okay. Protests are one thing, riots are another.

7. throw in a person who advanced the ideas of protest and what they accomplished for humanity by rioting becuase professors love specific examples, like ghandi or mlk

8. I'm sure Ghandi was all up in the riot scene :rolleyes:

9. So wait...Were idiots...And yet, that is about the sum of your assistance here.

And obviously you have never felt strong enough for something to put your blood, sweat, tears, and life on the line for it...How's those protests going, by the way?:cool:

10. lol!!!

11. haha peaceful protest pissed of cops more then any other riot man. imagine you screaming in someones face to move and they dont. you eventually get pissed of enough and make yourself look stupid in your rage, and thats exactly what hapened in ghandi's case haha, he made the british police occupation in india look incredibly stupid without even raising his voice lol

12. Not everyone is an idiot, but the majority are. Just letting him know this isn't really the best place to find that kind of stuff.

Riots are more often a bunch of adolescent jackasses with too much anger and too much time than actually trying to accomplish a defined goal. Protests are intended to change things, and if they're big enough and go on long enough, they often do.

13. #13 nascarfan, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    Directly quote the first sentence in the Declaration of Independence:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

Then liken rioting to a kind of militia, fighting against an oppressive government which is taking away our rights, and ignoring our voices much like the events leading up to both the Revolutionary and Civil Wars(I don't care what everyone says, the Civil War was mostly about the South not having a voice). That rioting is invoking our right to stand up and bring down a malicious government.

You could also quote the preamble:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,[74] that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

You can also throw around parts of the Gettysburg Address, more specifically "...and that government of the people, by the people, for the people..." to strengthen your argument of what a government should be like. But also don't forget to mention what our government is doing wrong, and how they are violating the Declaration.

Hell brother, you could write a whole paper out of just this.

14. Your very naive. Plenty of people on here are stoned 24/7 and are very intelligent and others have observed this as well maybe grasscity isn't for you if you come here with thought's like that. On the other hand riots can cause citizens to re-think their opinion on the situation as well as causing others to without choice basically see both sides of the argument. I don't have much input on this subject since im not a major participant of rioting lol. I hope you do well tho! Good Luck!

15. Alright, you have me there.

Protests haven't changed shit in the last decade, they rarely do. Riots on the other hand attract media attention, massively, like internationally massive, which in turn brings to light the cause and aftermath of whatever subject it is...Which in turn means that you will turn on the TV and see those adolescent jackasses running around fuckin' shit up.

But that begs the question...How often are said adolescent jackasses asked why they're doing what they're doing? Rarely if ever, why? Because the news could give a fuck whether or not the people have done anything previous to that, because a sob story only works in drama and rarely for the American people watching the 11 o'clock news.

The main problem here is that you're going off assumption, and I'm going off experience...Trust me, chief, we didn't riot just because...We did it because they quit listening to our protests.:cool:

16. Well, people of sworn peace don't riot....but I've read about monks lighting themselves on fire in protest. That's rather violent.

17. [quote name='"ddog7x"']

Not everyone is an idiot, but the majority are. Just letting him know this isn't really the best place to find that kind of stuff.

Riots are more often a bunch of adolescent jackasses with too much anger and too much time than actually trying to accomplish a defined goal. Protests are intended to change things, and if they're big enough and go on long enough, they often do.[/quote]

Because spending weeks protesting is much more time efficient than spending a few days rioting. :rolleyes:

18. Ya you sure picked the harder of the two, rioting usually doesn't help either side. I guess the only point you can try to prove is that anti rioting or peaceful protests don't always get the job done (still the more effective way imo). I guess the only pro about rioting is that it gets a lot of attention, people getting beat down by cops is bad but when you see hundreds of people going back and fighting the cops it makes more people pay attention. Get enough people to fight for what they think is right and you can topple governments. Sorry if it didn't help.

19. [quote name='"ddog7x"']

Not everyone is an idiot, but the majority are. Just letting him know this isn't really the best place to find that kind of stuff.

Riots are more often a bunch of adolescent jackasses with too much anger and too much time than actually trying to accomplish a defined goal. Protests are intended to change things, and if they're big enough and go on long enough, they often do.[/quote]

In seattle the police broke up a peaceful protest not so peacefully, and a bunch of anarchists came up from oregon and DESTROYED downtown seattle. As a result, when we held occupy seattle, the po po didn't do shit. Rioting accomplishment for ya. And as for the idiot remark. Takes one to know one. But seriously, people on here are some of the most thoughtful, introspective, extrospective, and intelligent people I've ever (not) met.

20. I'm sure you burn a ton of calories and possibly gain a tolerance for tear gas. Or you can go with all the Constitution, Preamble stuff...