Help me with my grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wannabejdm, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Hey everyone this is my second time around using bag seed. Had a few Questions about my set up..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ This picture shows what i think is from me over feeding, True?

Now The set up, ive been reading slowly about lighting, CFL ect. Im using what i have around the house...

For soil and food im using Miracle-Gro( feeds for 6 months, says on bag)

Lights i have a Spot grow 120w/120v Sylvania with 2- 65k/120vac/23w lights.

Can anyone tell me more about the lighting im using?

-using to many?
    -wrong ones?
    -not enough?
    -Ect?

2. oh and the plant is missing some leaves due to the dog before I was given a tent..... so yeah

3. Lower your CFL and get two more. 1-2 inches from plant

4. Which one is the CFL? The Sylvania?

5. i wouldnt never use miraclegrow specially indoor u can NOT do a flush at the end.if possible i would change to foxfarm soil that is what i use.also like stated above move lights closer it looks little stretched.watch the nutes with that soil it will hurt you.get a ppm meter

6. Thanks are the lights im using ok or should i switch them out? more/less ?

7. cfl's are cfl's just make atleast 100watt cfls or more

8. got it so all 3 are CFLs? Thanks for the help, i have about 166 watts would more be better?

9. if all 3 are squirlie then most likely they are but if they are round then prob not cant see the ones in the reflectors

10. 2 are, the other is the 120 watt spot grow by Sylvania rounded but only shows light straight down....

Attached Files:

11. i would go get 2 more 100 watt cfl's squirly ones and change those i wouldnt use those

12. Thanks, if this works ill send you some flowers

13. yeh at the least you will want about 4 of the curly ones.. 26w(100w equivalent) blue spectrum which are ~6400k nm. the plant looks very stretched.. meaning the lights aren't strong enough for how far away they are. keep them about 3-4" away(depending on which ones you get)

that burning is for sure nutrient burn. most miracle grow soil will fry mj plants very fast..sometimes they will live for a while..until the nutrient beads get wet enough to release the fertilizers. if you over nute with mg soil you can NOT flush the soil. you will release more ferts by attempting to flush. the only mg soil ive had any success with is the organic choice.. still not very good soil by its self, but better than the other mg soils. my favorite mix is 1/3 fox farm "happy frog" and 2/3 perlite. works very very well. rapid root growth dries out quick and doesnt clump up at all. seems to stay stable at ~6.2 all on its own. with ff ocean forest the ph drops quite far after a few months if you dont add dolomite lime(from my experience).

looks like its over watered a little also but that could be from the nute burn. how often do you water? and how dry do you let the soil get?

14. i water every other day it seems. i wait until the soil is dry but not completly dryed and cracked if thats makes sense.

15. You may want to back off the waterings, every 3-4 days to start. The soil should be dry down 1-2" at least before you water. If your using time release MG, I wouldn't add any nutes until you see a need or to switch to flowering.

16. You don't have to worry that much about watering as far as letting them dry out. That's good for them. Patience is a virtue when it comes to growing marijuana. Wait til the soil is dry, then fully saturate it.. Repeat.. And with MG soil you can use nutes but not until at least a few weeks into flower depending on how long you veg. They show you if they need nutrients. You should look into using molasses for nutrients. It feeds the organisms in the soil which in turn feeds your plant. Good luck!

17. I agree with the ocean forrest ph level when i add my water i have to have ph at 7 so the runoff is around 5.7

18. gotta make sure it dries all the way out.. the top layer might dry but the roots are at the bottom and are still saturated if its not completely dry.. you will end up with problems.. they grow way faster in dry soil especially when you use gooood soil

19. Thanks everyone , my first grow the plant turned into a hermie due to stress i was told. Do you think i stressed this plant to much and its a wash? Or should i continue and see what happens?