help me with my grow room plz

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by hockeeguy, Oct 7, 2009.

1. i still live with my parents but i want to put a grow room in my attick i got a good spot picked out but i cant get any kind of carbon filter or outtake ductk and i need to keep the smell down and i was wondering if i could hang up some sort of plastic to keep the smell conseld thanks and happy tokin

2. Growing in your parents house (without their knowledge) is highly disrespectful.
    You will never eliminate the smell 100%... fan noise, electric bill and constant attic activity will give your operation away.

I suggest that you respect your parents house and forget about growing there. Some serious tension would exist between my kids and me if they did something like this behind my back. I would kick your ass out of my house permanently and it would take years before I ever trusted you again.

You should have your head checked for even considering it.
    B

3. dude. rethink this.

1. your parents have invested their lives in this house, and in you. if they don't land in jail i doubt they have the ability to just go out and buy a new house and find new careers. they're probably thinking about retirement. not starting all over.
    2. can you really explain your need to all of a sudden be up in the attic every single day?
    3. do you help them at all with the bills? would they be able to handle an unexpected 20-50 dollar jump in electric usage per month (AT THE LEAST!)
    4. can you absolutely make sure that you're not gonna set their house on fire? or be caught? cause if they're out in the cold so are you. and if you are caught, so are they.

these and more are all the reasons it's totally not cool to grow in your parents house without their permission. i'm a parent. i smoke. i grow. and i would STILL kill my kid if he tried growing behind my back.

4. Man,

This post has me all riled up. The audacity of this kid is unparalleled.

5. learn how to communicate effectively in writing first kid. If you can't spell attic, duct or concealed you should spend more time on schoolwork and less on plans to get your parents incarcerated.

6. You guys are all really cool.

Im all about bashing on people with incomplete ideas too!

First, talk to your parents about it for sure.. If there arent down Id wait. Your heat issues in the attic are gonna suck, bad. So Its going to take some equipment and construction to keep temps down..

Next plastic wont keep out any stank, your going to need to exhaust/vent it. Which is money, equipment, time, and energy (cost)..

And Id much rather some kid grows behind his parents back than a parent KILL his kid for growing.. kaBLAH!

7. not for growing.

for growing in my house, behind my back. and never even attempting to bring it up to me.

8. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    The thread is geared towards helping him keep the smell concealed so that his parents don't find out! Why the hell would he ask them if it's cool?

This thread is fucked up for so many reasons, none of which I'm going to explain.
    FYI, I wasn't bashing. I'm telling it like it is... someone has too.

9. You would kill your child..
    This kid just wants to growing an herb in his attic..

Sounds like youre the one people should be hating on:rolleyes:

10. oh jeez. i don't know why i'm bothering.

we don't even hit our children. we try not to even yell at them. (google attachment parenting...that's us). but if you really think i would KILL my child you're just loopy. really, i just think you're trolling...

how's this

if my child grew in my house without my permission i would sit him down and speak to him very sternly about his decision to be a secretive, immature little ass. then i'd have him finish his grow and when the buds were nice and dry and cure I'd take them all and smoke them without him. I'd consider it payment for the higher electric bill. Then maybe, he could continue his project unharassed by me.

better?

11. Thats much better

Honestly, wish thats what my parents woulda done..

12. did they kill you?

is that why you're so upset?

:devious:;)

13. Ha, who said Im upset?

My situation worked out for the best!

14. I agree with you, you would never be able to hide something like that from your parents.

15. I shall play devil's advocate in this. But be warned, obviously do not do anything that will get you in trouble. Do what you need to do, word?

Keeping the smell down is not a problem really. You need to research. You can make a DIY carbon filter for only a few dollars. Pushing air through that filter is what may trouble you. I suggest finding a strong computer fan, or a small fan that you can rig up. Also, as someone else said heat in an attic is going to pose a problem. This requires even more ventilation and perhaps even a portable air conditioner. I suggest against growing in your attic.

All in all, don't do it. Unless your parents are O.K. with it and they just don't want to smell your weed. (That's my case at least. Thank god I have an awesome mom).