Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me utilize my ABV

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Crittijr, Jan 17, 2014.

1. #1 Crittijr, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2014
    What's going on guys thanks for taking your time and stopping by. :smoke:

Alright.

So i've been vaping for a while now, I use my Da Buddah 90% of the time, and my Arizer Solo the other 10% when i'm on the go. I used to throw away all my ABV thinking it had no use, but my friend always asked if he could have my extra ABV and I thought nothing of it so i gave it away. I got curious and researched what all I can do with my ABV and there were a ton of results.. all of which were done in different ways, using different materials, and no instructions were clear. :confused:  All I know what you can do for sure is strait up eat the ABV with something else and supposedly you get high. I know nothing about dosages or tolerance so i'm skeptical about all this. :hello:
         I've saved up about 4gs of ABV so far. All of it is from pretty high-grade bud. (I'm planning to have a good amount of ABV before I do anything with it) and I was just wondering if any of you guys could give me suggestions of what I should do with it. (I have access to all the tools/supplies and a kitchen if needed).
         I'm liking the idea of making tincture, but i'm open to any suggestions. DETAILED guides would be awesome. Pictures would be pretty dope too. Thanks in advance guys stay lit :smoking:

oh yeah, also if you could let me know if i could mix some fresh green with any of the recipes to get a lil more kick that would be nice :smoke:  

and I have a pretty high tolerance too...

2. BumpSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Try spreading slightly more than half a tablespoon of AVB on a pizza and place it in the microwave for thirty seconds. Eat it. The high should hit you within an hour and a half on an empty stomach. This is (to me) the easiest method.

4. You can eat vaped bud straight and get high, but I usually put some crackers with peanut butter in the microwave for like 30sec and then sprinkle the avb on there after

5. a recipe of mine i fairly simpple, two pieces of toast a spoonfull or two of nutella on each slice, and a spoonfull (at least) of avb, yummers enjoy.

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393948187.019041.jpg

Mo bong rips plz

7. Abv and cookie spread

Mo bong rips plz

8. I baked it for 1:00

Mo bong rips plz

9. Use this cookie spread ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1393956624.862011.jpg

Mo bong rips plz

10. I ate 2 and im fk up 😩

Mo bong rips plz

11. And it taste good 😋

Mo bong rips plz

12. #12 DriftingApart, Mar 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014

While that may be a good idea, you don't want to use a microwave period for any form of edible.

The microwave heats unevenly, causing some cannabinoids to combust and have their psychoactive properties vaporized away, or (for undecarboxylated cannabis) to not react at all. 

In short, use an oven.  The method of heating is a lot more consistent and can be controlled. 

EDIT: To the OP,

I often use my AVB to make qwiso, and when done right I can get it to come out golden, it's all about technique. 

13. #13 The Architect, Mar 5, 2014

Just throw the pizza in an oven for a couple days and watch it burn..

Temperature? Time? Tinfoil? Anything else?

14. #14 DriftingApart, Mar 5, 2014

A couple weeks actually, gotta make sure it's fully cooked :smoke:

Although I know that a microwave is a very inefficient tool to make edibles with, I'm a little hazy on the ideal temperature to cook edibles at because I very rarely make them and thus have zero experience in which techniques are more effective (which is why I was a bit hesitant to elaborate when I suggested oven), although I have gleaned a lot of knowledge from the threads of BKS.  I'll try to help you out to the best of my ability, but I suggest heading over there if you want some knowledge from an edible master.

Tinfoil...yes, it is recommended that when you decarboxylate your material to cover the container with tinfoil so that if some of the more volatile cannabinoids were to evaporate they won't just float away; subsequent to removing your material from the oven allow the container to cool so that the gaseous cannabinoids can undergo deposition. 

I have no idea what temperature to recommend because I am constantly seeing different temperature recommendations and without any experience in making effective edibles I can't say with confidence.  As for time I have always felt that a longer amount of time at a lower temperature is more efficient than a shorter amount of time at a higher one, since what you're essentially doing to make your material psychoactive is evaporating the carboxylic acid, which can actually be done with a food dehydrator; but once again, go to BKS's thread if you want some really top notch tips on how to make edibles and why certain techniques work, it's a really enlightening experience. 

15. #15 iVapeTooMuch, Mar 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    A fairly simple and quick way is to make firecrackers. Please note that fresh bud (not vaporized) is recommended to be decarboxylated as that converts the THC-A to THC, which will make it more potent. ABV is already decarboxylated.

This recipe is mainly used as a single serving.
    1) Preheat oven to 320 - 325 degrees fahrenheit.
    2) While oven is preheating, take out ABV, a gram cracker (the ones where you can break it in half and have 2 nice sized pieces), peanut butter (higher the fat, the better), coconut (or vegetable, doesn't really matter) oil, and maybe Nutella (for taste).
    3) Make sure ABV is grinded really finely, but not powdery.
    4) Spread a thin layer of either Nutella or peanut butter on the gram cracker. You will essentially be making a sandwich, so you know where to put the peanut butter and/or Nutella. Do not fold the two halves together yet.
    5) Put the desired about of ABV on top of the peanut butter or Nutella so that it covers the entire surface area. Do that to each side half of the gram cracker if you want it stronger.
    6) Put a few drops of your oil on top of the ABV that's on the peanut butter or Nutella. Using your CLEAN finger, work the oil in and around the mixture. This helps ABV spread more easily and is better absorbed.
    7) Do that to both sides if you put ABV on the other gram cracker.
    8) Fold the two halves together and scrape what squeezes out the sides.
    9) Wrap the entire "sandwich" in tin foil.
    10) Put it in the now heated oven for about 25 minutes or so.
    11) Once the timer is done, turn your oven off and take it out.
    12) Let it cool completely before taking off the tin foil.
    13) Once cooled completely, unwrap and eat!

I recommend eating something high in fats, such as nuts, a half hour to an hour before consuming. That seems to make it hit me harder and longer. Also, they taste pretty bad, especially with ABV, so have a drink handy to help wash it down. I like using milk for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum