Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me to understand edibles.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by sachidananda, Dec 1, 2012.

1. i am sooo annoyed with edibles. It's as if every time I try to prepare one (or several) for that matter, they have limited effectiveness.

I'm a long-time smoker. I'm particularly fond of the gravity bong, which is particularly hard hitting, in terms of effectiveness.

I've followed step-by-steps when preparing edibles. Brownies, eggs, cakes, you name it, I've cooked it. I've had very minimal success concerning edibles, unfortunately.

Please.

Can anyone help me to finally understand the greatness. Posiblimente compare smoking to edibles? is it just not possible for me considering my experience with smoking, er?

In short, if I could get medicated/high without ever smoking again, I would. Please help me to realize this possiblity.

(also understand that I'm currently growing medicine and it will be another two months before I'm able to report back concerning effectiveness. I'm not a first time grower or bitch, I know what I'm doing.)

Sincerely :hello:

Sachidananda

2. do you decarb your bud before making edibles?

3. what does decarb mean?

4. If you have any question about edibles I can help you out.

5. in a nutshell things needed for sucessful medibles

The best in-green-diants
    CoConut Oil
    Lecithin
    strain equip....cheese cloth,french press,coton t shirt etc
    small and large pyrex....
    most important.....Patience!!!

decarb finely grounded in green-diants 20-35 mins at 220 in oven ,,,,cool down ,,,add lecithin n oil(s) mix,,,
    45 mins at 220 in oven,,,,,cool,,, mix n smash mix ,,,,freeze over night,,,

reheat and strain for a "heady hi " or repeat freeze n heat for 45mins a few more times for a "Couchlock hi "

now the next step is to determine your dose per piece....usually a recipe of brownie is 1/3 cup oil for 16 pieces for simple math lets say i use 8g's into the 1/3 cup recipe....this will equal to each piece at .500 g (8 divide into 16 =.500 ......personally i found my magic number to be around .333 (im a everyday enjoyer of the puff) for new comers .250 is a safe number for most in that u will enjoy yur expierence as opposed to being (green ed out)

using the above example to get .250 just cut yur pieces in half for 32 pieces

hope this helps look at my posts i have pictures

Attached Files:

6. I'm not sure about decarbing, either? Is this heating it up in oil, because I've done that every time.

7. Decarbing it is heating it up in the oven at a low temp like described above.

8. Since you're a grower, use your good trim and make a sublingual tincture, alcohol, glycerin, honey, etc., because it gets into your bloodstream immediately without having to go through your digestive system.

9. Find directions for cannabutter and make that. Then make a recipe that uses the butter. Personally, I like chocolate chocolate chip cookies, because I can make small cookies and it's easy to dose. The high is different than smoking; more of a body buzz. If you're a grower, use your trim. Let it dry, and grind it fine before making the butter. I use a coffee grinder. Personally not a fan of edibles, but it's a great way to use your trim.

10. The sticky recipe for cannabutter is OK, but I prefer to use water while 'cooking' the butter and bud. Then strain the mix and put in a container in the fridge. Next morning, you will have a pad of cannabutter floating on the water, and you can just dump the water. I think it makes cleaner butter than how the recipe is shown. It also acts as a temperature buffer so you don't get it too hot and evaporate out all your THC from your butter.

11. This is what you can do...
    Get a slow cooker/rice cooker keep it on low boil some water add in 1 cup butter add in about 1/2 oz of plant matter (you can add a bit more) let it simmer for a couple of hours (i usually stop at 3 hours). Strain every thing in bowl (i'm lazy so i use the metal strainers i have in the kitchen). freeze it. Pop out the butter. You can add it to your meals or make hot chocolate and put about a tablespoon worth with it.

you mentioned that you may have a high tolerance, i started taking omega 3 a few weeks back and that helped - a lot! my hits are stronger and last longer now. Of course there is the usual take a couple of days break.

I normally don't like the taste of weed so in my hot chocolate i put peppermint oil to taste. another thing i do with the butter is get the instant ramen and instead of using the oil in the packet i use the butter.

hope this helps :)

12. have you ever used a croc pot?

13. #13 Chrysalis, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2012
    Nope. But as long as you keep the temp really low then you should be fine
    You can try putting a thermometer in the water to find out how hot it can get. I remember reading from either BadKittySmiles or Granny Storm Crow that the temp should be lower then 100C
    Either which way i don't let any bubbles appear in the water. The idea is to heat the butter and the plant matter gently but surely.

If you bake the butter keep the tempereature under 175C.

14. Don't use water. lol........