Help Me Stop Smoking

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by JazzyHollins, Jan 28, 2016.

1. I can tell that I really need to cut down on my smoking. It's barely affecting me nowadays. I guess my tolerance has hit its max. It's become a real habit though & I know that I'll just want to smoke again tomorrow. What do you guys do when you have to take a break (if you ever had to) & how long do you think the break should be?

2. sometimes if u take a long break say a couple months till ur clean and u smoke again u will get paranoid and not want to smoke again. I guess it depends. If after your break u go out and smoke and ur around a bunch of people u don't know or aren't confertable with. It's happened to me. I went 2 1/2 years without smoking from one bad experience

3. Send me all your bud that will help

4. #4 SmokeTreees, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
    To each their own, but just sayin',

I feel like there's no amount of weed one can smoke that's too much. If you feel you're smoking too much, then try to cut back. I take frequent tolerant breaks myself. Well; I say frequent, but once I notice my tolerance start getting to where your's is, I take some time off. Only a couple days to a week max, I find it really hard to go a month like some people. The longest I'e gone, voluntarily, was ten weeks, and yes when I smoked again I got HIGH AS FUCK and the paranoia fucked me up, but it didn't make me not want to smoke again. I like how my tolerance is after just two weeks, though. I feel like I get about as high if I go a month or two, it's just not so much so intense, but yeah. I feel like for the amount of time you wait, and the effect it has on tolerance, two weeks should be enough. I say go ahead and try AT LEAST one week and smoke after that week and see how you feel.

5. Some things to consider:

When you say take a break, how much of an impact are you looking for? Technically, if you are a daily smoker, and you take even 3 days off, you will feel a very fresh and nice high when you smoke again. In that regard, a weed break can be a very short period of time.

If however, the goal is to really detox and get it out of your system, I'd take the drug test approach. Depending on how much body fat you carry and how often you used to smoke, it will determine how long it will take you to get it out of your system. I've actually never worked for a company that tests after college, but I keep my body fat very low and can go from daily smoker to clean piss in 2.5 weeks without really stressing myself. From what I read, heavier folks need longer to get it out since it attaches to fat cells. If your tolerance is as high as you say, then I'd assume it will take you at least 3-4 weeks to get it fully out, IF that is what you're after at all.

Either way, one of the greatest tools in all of weed smoking is the almighty T-break. It requires some discipline but pays back with interest in my opinion. I've smoked my good share in life but even now when I take a week off and then have a potent edible in silent darkness my mind gets peeled back. I'm a big fan of the break, so good luck with yours.

6. As far as tips of how to actually go through with one, my absolutely main tip is do not be around weed. If I've decided I'm taking a T-break, I'm making sure there is not a fuzz of a plant in my house. If you're looking for a toke and it's just around the corner in the other room, you'll crack more times than you should. I know I have. It is sweet, lovely weed after all.

7. I'm on a tolerance break right now, and it's hell, so I'll give you some tips.

It's because I'm suffering severe withdrawal symptoms (Heart is POUNDING out my chest, anxiety is going through me like crazy, sweating like crazy, diarrhea, no appetite whatsoever, nausea, if I try to eat I vomit, can't sleep easily at all) and I blame it on my heavy dab use recently.

Ive been a daily flower smoker for 6+ years with 2-3week tolerance breaks around once-twice a year. Some have been hard with similar symptoms mentioned, but only lasted a few days and weren't as severe. But, this last month, I got steady access to dabs and was going crazy with it (I cleared 2.5g dabs in 2 days). I quit cold turkey 3 days ago...and wow... It's the most horrible feeling ever. I honestly feel like I'm kicking a hard drug.

In my opinion, quitting cold turkey isn't right. Don't shock your body. Some say quitting cold turkey is easiest mentally, but I'd suggest gradually lowering your intake. Don't wake & bake, only smoke at night. Then smoke less than what you would. Then skip a day in between smoking. Skip 2 days in between. Skip 3 days in between. And then you can get off it MUCH easier.

DEFINITELY get some excercise going. MAKE SURE you force yourself to eat, don't let your stomach shrink. I've eaten 2 cookies and 6 McDonald's fries in 3 days. I can't handle anything else. I feel weak and fragile.

But just know, these symptoms will pass. It will always take some time for your body to adjust if you are a daily smoker.

I've learned my lesson = I am not a daily smoker anymore. I am giving up daily smoking when I get back home and definitely only dabbing on rare occasions. This has been a real horrible experience for me.

8. I quit for a month back in around August of last year and it felt like the first time i smoked.
    fast forward to now, my tolerance is back up again and im having to smoke way to much and spend way too much. I am a heavy user but i also only weigh 110 pounds (if that affects it) how long should i quit for this time? would a week be okay?

9. You will definitely notice a difference in tolerance, not sure as much as say a month but definitely will notice a difference.

Sent from my LGLS620 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I quit for weeks at a time randomly even when I have like 3 grams just sitting around

11. think about the benifits of a tbreak, the first couple of days are the hardest but it is worth it :D

12. Instead of sucking on a joint or something you can suck my pee-pee
    (Compliment)

13. I took 2 days off from smoking and on the third day got blazed from barely any.

I took a week off and I got effed up even more.

2 weeks and holy shit I was high

1 month and it was almost like first time smoking .

Then I stopped for 3-4 months and I got about the same amount of high as the 1 month break but since I wasn't used to it anymore it felt completely new like I had forgotten what being high felt like rather than forgetting what being sober felt like when I smoked all day everyday lol.

If you really wanna stop I suggest you find a hobby. You REALLY need to find something to occupy your time otherwise youll get so bored that you will have to smoke.

Also, try getting drunk more often and stuff like that so you can still get high without weed. But don't let it be a gateway.

14. why are you able to smoke so much that you need a tolerance break?

see, i work all day, come home cook supper then smoke a bowl.

i don't have time to smoke all day during the week and whatnot

you don't need to stop smoking, you need to keep yourself busy. fill your day with things to keep you occupied and smoke when you get home n relax. it's more enjoyable n ya smoke a lot less

just my $.02

15. Ive been t-breaking for 3 weeks & so far i feel Goood!!! .. its to a point where idk if i wanna go back to smoking .. most likely i will tho but hey ... so far i can breathe deep without shortness of breath .. im savin a little bit more money .. ive taken up an exercise class .. im not lazy about doin shit .. i can actually sleep naturally ...so do yourself a favor Op & stop .. it doesnt have to be cold turkey .. try doing it gradually ... i promise you Op, the benefits to quittin outweigh the issues with smoking .. i told myself to celebrate with a fat one once im in the personal position of life I want to be .. im on an all or nothing mission .. so Fck Weed smoke (For now) ...