help me stop killing my plants! plzzzz

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by arthur job, Jun 5, 2005.

1. hi, i started growing now about a month ago. the problem i have is im realy not sure when to start feeding. im using rockwool (nft). im placing the cubes in the system once i have around 7 roots showing. now before its put in there im using ro water straight. ive soaked the cubes in nitrozyme 5ml and the seeds aswell. the cubes have also had 5ml of formulex.

1. is it right to only give them ro water, or shud i be adding cal-mag aswell at such a early stage?
    2. is 2 weeks a gd rough figure to be looking at the first feed?

its just after about a week my plants start to go down hill, they appear all dry. there colour goes a funny grey on the high ridges on the leaves, and the new growth appears burnt (but only when new, first sprouting).

plz plz if anyonebody wud be kind enough to help me out id realy appreciate it, and so wud my plants ha

every growth chart i have read states from clones and it realy has me confused. exactly how long from first sign of the plant does it take before it reaches veg stage? thanks

2. hi arthur

ive just started using an nft system....i germed mine from seed and when they got to 2 weeks and were showing healthy root growth i put em in the nft with 1/4 strength nutes immediately...and built that up to full strength over the next 3 or 4 weeks....heres my grow journal
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=54998

i didnt use rockwool tho i used compost to start em in...saved me worrying about em not getting enough early on....didnt make any difference in the nft....

and as far as im concerned they are in veg stage when they have grown their first set of leaves cos thats when they start manufacturing their own erm stuff that makes em grow....lol...

3. arthur, do you live in new york?

-peace