Help me start

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jag159, Mar 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OK so I just started but idk what led light to get....I have a 2x2x4 grow tent trying to find the best light between 90-150$ help me if you can.

2. For a simple 2x2 a good ol' MarsHydro 300w is all you need to get running. It is an inexpensive yet solid light what can grow an amazing amount of bud.They are $70US with free shipping from Mars on eBay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. and how muchh do you think i should yield if i have good technique?

4. and thanks ill probably go with the viparspectra 450 so I can control the veg and bloom better.

5. If you want to take a shot...Meizhi 450 reflector...$125 delivered...(ordered my second one the other day...) ..for my 3x3x6 tent..Am planing for another additional tent as well..
    At these prices, if they last for a few grows (successfully that is)...it is worth it!

6. ok and how much do you yield per plant with that light?

7. Unknown at this point...So much depends on skill, environmental conditions, strain, and keeping MY fat fingers out of the way!! LOL...Whatever you choose, I'm sure it will work for you...I read LED reviews like crazy..Those on the Meizhi, seemed pretty good to these old eyes!

8. Today's grow pict w/(1) Meizhi 450 + various CFLs until my second Meizhi arrives next week..everyone pictured seem to like it so far..

3-31-17.jpg

9. is that a 2x2x4 and your getting 2 450s!?

10. A 3x3x6 currently...Can always use a another tent though...:)

11. true now should I use veg and bloom for vegging my plant? and just use 18 and 6 for veg and 12 and 12 for bloom or just use veg light switch for veg or bloom light switch for bloom?

12. With Meizhi, Manufacturer recommends, VEG=VEG light ONLY; For Flower= VEG +FLOWER, both on: The 450 has separate switches for each..
    Here is an automated email they sent me after 1st purchase..:

" Have a nice day! This is Oli from MEIZHI, I’m the customer service. Thank you for purchasing our products on Amazon. B01J19ADTI : MEIZHI Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower - Dual Growth/Bloom Switch Daisy Chain Following the product manual, please pay attention to the NOTICE before you start use. I really hope it may help you a lot.

Advised light above plants for seeding,growth and flowering time:
    Germination-------------24-30 inches
    Vegetable -- --------18-24 inches
    Flower------12-18 inches

Advised Lighting Time:
    Vegetative Stage: 18-20 hours on,4-6hours off; Flowering Stage: 12 hours on,12hours off. Veg: 18/6 or 20/4; Flower: 12/12

our new series lights have both growth and bloom switches.
    On growth stage, keep the growth switch on.
    On flowering stage, keep both veg & bloom switches on.

Advised Growing Conditions:
    Temperature, humidity and airflow will directly influence the rate of photosynthesis and transpiration. Although the environment for plants growing is limited, growing conditions means a lot. It shows that the perfect temperature and humidity for your plants are found between 75°-85°F and 50% - 70% humidity, with plenty of airflow to replenish CO2.

The information above are just collected according to the data which given by customers actually planting.

Notice:
    1. Keep suitable distance between light and top of plants based on your real planting condition. If too close, might burn plant leaf out.
    2. Please keep the light working under regulated and stable voltage
    3. The light is not water-proof
    4. Please move out the light when use Sulfur
    5. Please turn off the light when the fan stop working

Using tips from our customers:
    It will be good for your growing with more calcium and magnesium, and ordinary clay

Wish you have a good harvest!
    Best regards,
    Oli
    MEIZHI

13. That's pretty decent of them to send an email. I gave been dealing with mars hydro exclusively for a few years now.
    Mainly because of their presence on these forums, and their customer service
    For example, I accidentally tore the bloom switch off my marsII 400 ( veg and bloom switches), Sara , the mars rep had 4 new switches overnighted to me , I was blown away, I mean, who does that?
    I have a mars pro 320, 2 old school mars 300w's, and a marsII 400, all still burning bright as the day I got em,
    Best of luck and happy growing

boomboom4200 winter grow journal
    https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1433732/

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. yea went ahead and got a meizhi 600 best price I could find

• Like Like x 1
  15. Great...hope ya like it!

16. My first grow I went with a p600 in a 2'x42" closet. I netted 11+ ounces

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

17. thats love but those run about 6-700+ id lol id love to have that light tho .

18. The better the light the better the yield. My first grow covered all of my expenses plus some.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

19. I second this motion - I've used them they work just as well as mars at a fraction of the price

20. ok now as far as the hanging of the light, do you know how to make the hang drop lower so I can keep my lights up higher?