Help me smoke oil again!

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Dutchmastadee, Jan 22, 2013.

1. So iv had a oil rig peice for my HVY beaker for awhile now, works awesome but I just broke my last glass nail and the local hop isn't too local...

Is there any alternatives to a glass nail? I'm pretty Shure If I super glued the nail back together it would give off toxic fumes.

2. whatever you do don't super glue anything you're torching! and as for the nail do you have anything similar made out of some pretty resistant glass?

3. I wouldn't glue it, especially when using a torch. It would melt toxic fumes into your lungs.
    off topic
    Speaking of breaking shit.. I just broke my bowl. It's round at the top with a little stem that connects to my 16mm stem that goes in my bong. I broke the little stem off of the bowl and duck taped the outside of it back together. Would it be safe to smoke that?

4. Buy a titanium nail, they will never break. Just make sure it's made out of grade 2 titanium

5. Yea that was my plan, it's just a journey to the nearest headshop

What's the differences between the titanium grades?

6. There are plenty of online distributors that sell titanium nails also. From how I understand it, grade 2 titanium is a purer titanium which won't put off any potential toxins when heated up. Grade 5 titanium, which is what some of the $15 amazon titanium nails are made of is a mixed metal. You can tell because the mixed metal is magnetic.

7. Awesome reply, thanks man

8. pack a bowl of bud and top it off with a bit of oil
    enjoy that for 5 minutes
    then go for a walk to your headshop
    its not that far of a walk if your zoned out in your mind

9. Haha so inefficient man! I actually found a broken glass nail in my room from awhile back, flipped it and it fits perfectly.

Thanks for everyone's help!