Help me smoke again :(

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by luckyjuly77, Nov 7, 2012.

1. #1 luckyjuly77, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    Hi grass city :) this is my first post on here I just have a couple concerns.

I'm 24, I've been smoking for 6 years but pretty much started blazing every day about 2 years ago. I love weed and hate to give it up, so I'm looking for advice.

About a month ago, I was ripping a bong on the couch with my bf and suddenly felt a stabbing pain in the center of my chest, esophageal spasms/heartburn maybe? The pain freaked me out and I had a huge panic attack as a result. It felt like I couldn't breathe and like I was dying, the physical pain was so hard I fell to the floor and started to cry. My man was so worried, I hate feeling this way. Since then I've had horrible panic and paranoia attacks every time I smoke even just 2 hits. I've never once had an issue smoking. If anything I feel it helped me relax and chill out. And I have always been very relaxed and chilled out when these attacks have happened... we were literally just sitting on the couch watching funny movies every time, or just hanging out with good friends having a fun time. The only stress I have on my mind is graduating college next month, but I haven't been thinking about that when I smoke. So I have no idea.

2. Try it again, see how it affects you. Maybe it was just a one time thing. Or vape instead. Maybe wear a cape while you smoke. I've heard that helps with pain.

3. #3 luckyjuly77, Nov 7, 2012
    I have no idea what's causing them but it's really bugging me and changing my lifestyle cause now I feel like I can't enjoy toking anymore. What's wrong with me and has anyone else experienced this/ knows how to handle it?

My last biggest attack was a couple of weekends ago I was sharing a blunt with friends and I had to go to the ER cause I thought I was going to die again. I know it sounds dramatic, but this is very much how I physically felt.. overwhelming paranoia again and I could not breathe cause my chest felt so cold, and my heart felt like it was going to stop or my lungs would collapse. I was really tripping out when I left then sat in my car with the windows rolled down for a while trying to let it pass but it was too much to take.. I couldn't drive either, I was seeing shit but maybe it was the strain (agent orange).. All tests were normal, they thought I had a panic reaction to k2 laced with the weed which I know is total BULLSHIT.. they treated me like a crack addict, and weed is the only medicine I've ever used cause I hate harmful chemicals/drugs.

Since then I've attempted to smoke a couple of times this week from my little pipe... just a few hits at the end of the day... Still finding it tight in my chest and that cold/hard to breathe feeling.

What can I do??? :( help me smoke again please! And, kind of unrelated, I know... But does anyone have any tips for staying productive (studying, working) while stoning? Lately I can't concentrate.

4. i would tell you to quit for a long while, you need time to clear your mind and be able to let go of the fear you have attached to getting high, it all in the mind but takes time

5. you can overcome by facing and fully acepting the attack. i got multiple attacks a day for six months straight over came them by fully acepting it and even death if it was coming that how i learned to control and beat them, now no amount of weed i've tried has freaked me out

6. I've had uncomfortable highs too and when it happens i just try to think about good stuff and then it goes away after a while, just go with it and relax:cool:

7. whenever i get uncomfortable or too high i just lay down and chill. in your case maybe its growing pains? sometimes whenever i breathe in it would shock my heart a few times then go away. havent had one in a long time, mostly had then when i was younger. if your that worried you can just see a doctor

8. I think there's some really good advice on here so far - I mean, it could be the method, or maybe it could be that the residual emotions from the original attack are interfering with your ability to enjoy the high.

My two cents are maybe that maybe try to do some baking? It's a different stone, more of a body thing, but maybe that would work?

9. #9 luckyjuly77, Nov 7, 2012
    Thanks, I think you're all right. Maybe just been stressed.. I think that's the main issue, once I get my degree and get my shit together I think I'll be more chilled out and can smoke worry free again. I don't think I need to see a doc, they usually write you off if you're honest and I don't want to be treated like something is wrong with me. Before I used to smoke with nothing hanging over my head and my mind was clear.. that's the best way to go. Lately I've been smoking at the end of the day to destress, maybe that's why. Was just seeing if there's a way to be productive and chill without having to take the break, but starting to think maybe I should til things in life become more stable.

10. I think there's some really good advice on here so far - I mean, it could be the method, or maybe it could be that the residual emotions from the original attack are interfering with your ability to enjoy the high.

My two cents are maybe that maybe try to do some baking? It's a different stone, more of a body thing, but maybe that would work?

11. And I'd love to invest in a good vape, just can't afford that right now.

12. Smoke til them lungs collapse! You aint done yet!

13. #13 luckyjuly77, Nov 7, 2012
    I also read it's possible I've been dehydrated, smoking on an empty stomach? I think that might have happened nearly every time I had those big attacks... I've noticed it's helped to eat, stay cool, drink a powerade while I'm smoking, but still somehow feeling that tightness/ cold chest feeling just after 2 hits. Not so much paranoia now.

Does anyone with research know something I don't as to why these symptoms might occur when you smoke on an empty stomach/ not drinking enough water?

I know I'm spending a lot of time trying to find answers... I know I should probably just accept the feelings and just let things be, it's just annoying that this is happening and I miss my green! Could use the tips from strangers since I don't want to worry anyone close to me.

14. If you really think you should stop smoking, it's up to you. You can always just have edibles.

15. Grab some bud hopefully the stink amps up your apatite

16. try a vaporizer!!!

17. Think of the weed as medicinally benefiting your physical body and imagine it healing your soul and mind.

Tell yourself that weed is good for you and it will help you achieve positive vibes and energy for those around you to benefit from as well.

Take a hit and enjoy the rest of your day, high as need be.

18. I've had minor panic attacks when smoking a large amount while my tolerance is low... try starting off with just a hit or two before smoking a whole blunt like that

19. have you tried inhaling?

20. #20 LOUDintheGTO, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
    I've had a similar experience, but it was about 2 weeks after I took a very powerful unmentionable for the first time. I didn't really feel the sensation your describing, but I had been smoking a lot and was pretty stoned. Then all of a sudden I had a total flashback to the unmentionable, it was really unexpected and kind of freaked me out but I kept it cool. Ever since then though, it's made me nervous smoking large quantities at one time. I just kept on smoking daily though and eventually things got better but never to where they were with me smoking as it still crosses my mind occasionally. I know that it's all mental though and you have to get over it yourself, but if I ever started feeling too high I would just think to myself that I've literally done this thousands of times with no issues at all and that you will only freak out if you let it happen. Also thinking about huge quantities that I've smoked at one sitting and how much enjoyment I got out of those experiences helps too.