Help me save my sickly plants...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by grateful33, Apr 14, 2006.

1. I have 2 plants that are 3 weeks old. I have them in potting soil only (transplanted from some miracle grow). They are under 2 75 watt daylight cfls and a 75 watt warm white floro at 18/6 intervals. I water them at most every 2 days depending on how the soil feels. In the past 3 days the fan leaves have turned yellow with a little brown on the tips and yesterday they were drooping. Is it too early to use nutes? I'm think ing a N deficiency or am I over- watering? Please help me out.

2. you may be over watering, but I don't know the size of your containers or how tall your plants are. you can mix up some nutes at 1/4 strength and try a bit on there and see if that helps.

3. my pots are 4 inches across and my plants are 2 inches and 3 inches high. It seems like they aren't growing taller at the same speed that new leaves are forming. If there is any more info you need keep asking. And thanks.

4. All signs suggest you should transplant them to larger pots. I plan on using 10" pots until determining sex, then transplant all females to a 1 gallon bucket and flower. However, it all depends on the amount of space you have to work with.

As for the nutes...I dunno, I ran across a topic on either this forum or the Genral Indoor Forum. I wanna say by three weeks you can start giving them nutes(but only at 1/4 strength???) but pay close attention to how they react. Keep searching the forums or use the Search feature, you're bound to stumble across it. Good luck.

5. All signs suggest you should transplant them to larger pots. I plan on using 10" pots until determining sex, then transplant all females to a 1 gallon bucket and flower. However, it all depends on the amount of space you have to work with.

As for the nutes...I dunno, I ran across a topic on either this forum or the Genral Indoor Forum. I wanna say by three weeks you can start giving them nutes(but only at 1/4 strength???) but pay close attention to how they react. Keep searching the forums or use the Search feature, you're bound to stumble across it. Good luck.

6. What kind of soil are they in now?? Most all soils have slow release nutes except organic soil.. I would say 3 weeks to early for nutes and I would wait til soil is pretty dry then transplant. I would also check your water PH and Soil PH. You can go to fish department in Wallyworld and find PH water tester and some water PH 7.0 stuff. You can maybe go to Lowes or Homdepot and find a cheap soil PH tester.

Thanks Dale:wave: