Help Me Save My Baby

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 809king, May 8, 2014.

1. So i am forcefully out of contact of my bf (this is his account) for 2 weeks and I just checked on our babies and they look horrible! I thought he would be back by now so i hadnt really thought to even check on them but now that I know he wont be back for a min i have to put my green thumb on and hopefully get these saved.

My bf is the main caregiver so i honestly dont know a thing about cultivation. So please bare with me. I just watered these a good bit (but not too much in fear of drowning it in its already horrible condition) But i noticed that the bigger one had a root or two sticking out. I was planning on transferring it to be with the bigger ones but it kinda looks like its on its death bed. lol Also its on an automated timed light schedule so i think under watering is the only issue?

suggestions? or should i just start planning the funeral for these two?

image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    image_2.jpeg

2. Was there a dome or a cover over them? Yes, they definitely needed water, but it looks like the humidity is a little low too.

3. I would start reading the stickies if I were you. They look pretty bad so you might consider throwing them out if they don't start looking better after a day or two. Water it whenever the medium feels dried out and mist them often for a few days.

4.  no dome/cover. It is in a makeshift growbox in the garage though. I dunno if that says something about the humidity. Also dont know if you can tell that the board in the first pic is the fan.

I did a lot of research and read through almost everything i could find but theres really so many factors that could be into play. I thought i would just ask and an expert eye could at least point me to a starting place. I also read something about damping off which seemed to be a death sentence for the plant. But didnt want to freak myself out if that was not the case in my situation.

should i even try to move the bigger plant to a bigger pot? since the roots are starting to pop out? or should i see if it revives itself first

Thanks you guys for the swift replies! much appreciated

5. They look dead to me. As soon as you sprout something in a peat pod, it needs to be planted into a pot right away. It doesn't take long for the roots to come through the pod, and light on the roots is very bad. Plant them in solo cups or small pots, give it some water, and you might luck out and save one. Good luck.

6. Not looking good. In the future Trader Joes Dunkers cookies plastic container is good to use after you clean it. Just punch a hole at the top and bottom, wet the inside good and cover. Keep inside moist.

7. ok so woke up this morning and they look like they are coming back to life slowly but surely. the leaves look much better. I think they were mostly just really thirsty. I did put the side where the root was coming out against the wall to block it from as much light as i can. Tomorrow im gonna get the soil needed to transfer it to a bigger home.

image.jpeg
    image_1.jpeg

8. transplant it already imo

id rather just start new ones tho since theyre so small and already been under a lot of stress...maybe its a good thing? im a noob too

9. well my bf is a lifesaver when it comes to plants so im really just tryna keep it alive until next fri. then when hes back he can give it the extra tlc. I dont want to toss them either because im not sure if these are quality seeds or bag seeds. Id rather have him make the life/death decision.

transplant if you wanna keep them alive...and im saying that in a arnold schwarzeneggar action movie voice!

someone already mentioned how peat pellets/pots are meant only to start, so dig a hole and drop it in. Im pretty sure peat pellets/pots are meant to make the transplant process uber simple! Good luck

11. Cannabis are very resilient. Transplant them and stop misting the tops when they are growing again.