Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me recover my Tincture.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by monvrch, Jul 19, 2019.

1. My first attempt at making tincture and I think I failed miserably. (Correction, I know I did.)
    I bought a new Magic Butter machine. Added some decarbed trim and some PG/VG. Ran it. Added some more trim and some dry ice hash. Ran it. Added some more trim trying to make it more potent.
    I was up so late trying to wait for it that 1 or 2 times, I don't think I decarbed it. SMH

As it stands now, I have about 2 cups of 70% PG / 30% VG infused with all kinds of kiefs and bubble hashes and trim. All strained through the Magic Butter screen (I don't know how many micron it is). It was never really that potent unless I just have a tolerance for it.

So it's been sitting in one of my cabinets for the past few months just marinating. I tried sampling it last night by filling 2 size 0 capsuls. I felt something for sure very subtle, but not like I'm expecting or wanting.

So now I'm wondering what I could do with this Mason jar filled with infused PG/VG that is a murky green color and has sediment on the bottom after it's left alone for a little while.

00081.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Do you have any idea how much of everything you added? If you didn't measure there is no telling how potent it should be. If you did not decarb your tincture is not activated. Four months in a room temperature, dark place and your tincture should naturally decarb in that time. I realize it's been sitting for a few months, but you're not satisfied. It could just be very dilute and you require a bigger dose. Two 0 caps don't hold very much. Maybe try doubling your dose. Good luck with it,@monvrch.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There's almost 50 grams of dry ice hash by itself. And maybe 4-5 cookie sheets worth of trim. Which equals to about 8-10 ounces.

I'm wondering if I could maybe reduce the PG/VG mixture on the stove to make it more potent, without cooking the THC too much

4. Yes you can, but do it dammm slowly on low heat. Pg flash point will act like hot oil.
    Low heat, stir it up once in a while and dont burn it. Will be more powerful. Your looking at about 5 to 8hrs of low heat cooking here.

Sent from my screen to yours!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wow, that should be a killer tincture with some reduction. I don't see why it's not already kicking your butt.

6. Decarb everything you intend to eat or drink first 240 F for 40 minutes.
    Failure to decarb will result in a big fail for effects. And once submerged in fluid you can't decarb worth a damn before your pushing into degradation land and making sleeper oil.

Of the 3 most commonly used solvents Alcohol, oil, PG-VG. PG-VG is the slowest and least effective. 3-4 month soak.
    Since your already at that point just eat more until stoned. It's not going to change much now no matter what you try and do to it. I sure as hell wouldn't try to reduce it. To likely to ruin it with high heat. Eat a spoonful or 2 and wait 2 hours and see where it puts you.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Use alcohol or Coconut oil for your next extraction and follow one of the recipes here.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I've been watching your thread for HHC for a while now, thinking I'm going to try it some day.

The original plan was to make infused e-liquid. Hense the PG/VG mixture. But when I tried it in my atomizer it just didnt give me the high that i was looking for. After further research I think I just went about it the wrong way. Most people are using shatter.

Which leads me to wondering how to make shatter. And I current have 2 freezer zip lock bags full of trim that I'd like to turn into shatter or some other kind of concentrate.