Help Me Quit Tobacco

Discussion in 'General' started by FeelingSpicy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hi guys. The time has time has come. I'm am down to 11 and when I run out I shall never buy a pack for as long as I live! I'm turning to grasscity to hear what you guys have to say? Any tips from those who have been through this before? Stories of your quitting? Some SUPORT to kick this discusting habit! Thanks guys! :confused:

2. Cold turkey won't work. Taper or replace it with other nicotine, or you will go back.

3. every time you want to smoke a squam…. smoke a DOOB :smoke: .

4. Every time you get ready to buy a pack take that money you would have used and put it in a jar and wait a couple months. You will be surprised at how much money you accumulate. I'm sure you will find a better use for that money. :smoke:

5. Thanks guys! Getting advice fast! Glad to see how much fellow blades hate tobacco!

6. [quote name='"MikeFranklet"']Cold turkey won't work. Taper or replace it with other nicotine, or you will go back.[/quote]

Cold turkey wont work if you're a pussy. Mind over matter, son.

7. Fuck man, good luck is all i can say. Ive been smoking for over 10 years now and honestly i can stop and go without all the other shit i do (and im into some pretty hard and heavy shit) for a while, but i cant go 2 hours without having a smoke.

8. Personally I dont hate tobacco, it's a persons right to decide if they want to ingest it but it's so harmful for you. Keeping it green is the best way to go. Good luck man it wont be easy but you'll feel way better in the long run.

9. Every time you smoke think of me, who lost both my parents to cancer from my mom's cigarette smoking. Both my parents, gone before my 30th birthday. :(

Mom always said she would go when it was her time, but I firmly believe that her time would not have come so soon if she hadn't been smoking all her life.

Give your loved ones the gift of more time with you, turn your back on tobacco and keep with the healing herb. :wave:

10. I found stopping cold turkey worked best. Also try and find something to do when you want to smoke. For me it was suckers and toothpicks.

11. I'm addicted to nicotine gum...
    wouldn't suggest chewing it
    though it is fucking fantastic​

12. #13 FeelingSpicy, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2012
    Getting alot of good information from this thread! Definitely feeling alot more motivated! The stoners guide to quitting tobacco was very helpful! I'm not sure smoking a bunch of weed in place of tobacco Is the best way because everytime I smoke weed I always, no matter what, smoke a cigarette. I think I will medicate with edibles. :)

Edit- btw guys I plan on quitting cold turkey. Nicotine gum is instant heartburn gum for me. Patches I found were better ( and also give crazy lucid dreams! ) but overall are too expensive.

13. Grandpa got throat cancer and talked with one of those voice things the rest of his life. My grandma basically committed suicide through emphysema. She went to the hospital like 10 times in 3 years from her emphysema. And every time they said quit or she'd die. She didn't quit. So as a result she died. Don't smoke cigs. Keep it green

14. I tried quitting with the gum once before, i ran through that shit like it was fruit stripe gum. That shit was costing me like 5x as much as smoking so i said fuck it and went back.

15. Just cut down man, I've been smoking Tabaccas for 3 years, as long as weed, and I never really get cravings unless one of my friends is having a smoke. If you can't go a day without them or even make a pack last a week, then you're going to have a hard time giving it up. Just smoke more weed man, weed gets you baked, cigarettes don't.

16. I just hate that I cant quit

17. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']
    I just hate that I cant quit[/quote]

You quit weed over cigs?

18. I hate that i dont want to quit. Smoking is one of the small pleasurable joys left in life. Especially that first cigarette in the morning, you know the one, that one that gives you that really nice calm mellow buzz. Fuck man, add some black coffee and a plate of bacon n eggs and youve got yourself a mans man breakfast.

19. [quote name='"BUDDAMUNK"']

You quit weed over cigs?[/quote]

Seems that way