Help me prepare my new location - expert growers please

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by mjboy, Nov 11, 2008.

1. OK GC,

Im looking for some expert indoor growers to help me get some ideas going. Now here is the info i have so far for my current new location. Im looking to do 40 - 50 plants in one shot.

• Its a pretty big walkin closet.
    • 10 ft. Length x 8 ft. Wide and 10 ft. height
    • 2 1000 HPS Flower lights (I know i would need more light for the amount of plants but for now this is what i have.)
    Now here's what i had in mind. I was going to do 3 - 5 Gallon grow bags. I was going to build a wood frame out of 2 x 4 and line it with white tarp.This way i can water them and if theres any water itll just stay in the tarp.

I would do most of these from clones so i would only have to veg a week or 2 and then switch to 12/12.

Now would you do it this way if you had the tools i just listed? or would you do it differently? Input is very welcome.

2. cmon guys! anyone got some info?

3. well wouldnt say Im a expert by any means...but your plans sounds good...I would put a small walk way in the middle of plants and put 1 light on either side to get full coverage and give you the abilty to work in there without having to move plants around just to water.

4. yea i planed to play with the setup before we actually put down the plants. Im looking to see what everyone thinks.

5. MjBoy.... Given your space, keep to a dozen plants. You can achieve the same yield, will fewer (uncrowed / well tended) plants - than a mini-jungle. Go to http://www.rollitup.org In the Organics Forum, in the subform - which is called " Subcool's Old School Organics" read the thread on " Canopy Management 101". I've been growing since, 1978 - I completely agree with Subcool's recommendations about managing a indoor garden properly. It's a great thread, and everyone who grows should read it.
    Hope this helps....

6. thanks ill do that

im grabbing it now. always like to see big grows.