Help me plz i need sum info

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by kapoxmusik817, Jun 13, 2011.

1. i started my bubble bucket but needed to know how many hrs do i leave the air stone on and what are the hrs of light it shud have, its about 1"inch tall

2. Depending on the type of hydro you are using (lets assume DWC) you keep the air stones on 24/7.

Lights will be on 18/6 or 24/0 in veg, everyone has their own opinion on which is better. Do your research and decide which option you think is better. Personally I used 18/6 to help with heat issues.

3. trihelix, guess you missed this part... :p

But he trihelix is correct, in Bubblers and DWC (deep water culture) systems the air pumps stay on 24/7...

Also with the lights on time..
    You can use: 18/6 or 24/0 or 12/12..

Yes you can do a straight 12/12 from seed..
    A lot of growers do it and claim the plant grows just as good as it would with a veg period... I say no, but who am I anyway but just another person with another opinion...

:wave:

4. thanx for all the feedback right now the plants ina gatorade bottle with a round airstone and i got the air pump on high a freind told me that the water shud only go as high as the root so thats what i did its too small for my 5gallon bucket but the same friend told me the drip system is better

5. Well the bubbler is sort of a drip system, the ring bubbles up some nutes to feed from the top down as well.. Kind of like a DWC with a drip system, if you will...

I have put babies (1 week olds) in them and they turned out fine...
    I also have always added another air stone to the bucket too, so the root get plenty of oxygen.. Also, if you can, put the air pumps outside the chamber, so it sucks fresh air.. Not sure how much it helps, or if it helps at all, but always thought it a good idea to supply fresh cool air to the root system...