Help me please...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jag159, Mar 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ok so I had three seeds, had them in a glass of water for 2 days and they sunk, no tap root showed so I went ahead and put them on a paper towl on a plate next to my xbox for warmth. I went to sleep last night and cut the xbox off and woke up this morning and the towel was dry....(oh crap) so i put the seeds back in the glass of water to see of they will sink but they are floating? Are my seeds dead? no tap root ever showed but they are floating after they sunk.

2. if they're not cracked open, they won't get "dehydrated" after that dry paper towel. be patient and they'll show some taproot.

3. Keep your seeds in the water for up to 2 weeks, if no taproot shows, they are dead.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Relax give it up to 48 hours in the water once you see them crack open with the little taproot poking out put them in a wet paper towel and overnight taproots should be long enough for planting.

5. Every day there is a thread about people having trouble germinating their seeds using a glass of water and a paper towel. Just plant them! I've been using rapid rooters for 15 years with no problems.
    rapid rooters.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I germinated four seeds in about 36 hours. Wet paper towel (not soaking) lay the seeds on it about an inch apart. Fold it into squares so each seed has their own square. Put the towel in a zip lock back and toss it in a drawer you don't open. Works for me every time.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Do yourself a favor and take some time (using a RELIABLE source) and educate yourself to some degree on what you are attempting to do here. Better learn how to take care of a plant before you get one. TWW

8. Do what I do, take a bowl and fill the bottom with water. Then put a thicker folded up piece of paper towel in the bowl. Place the seeds under just the top layer of the paper towel and add water when the level gets low. I keep them under a 300 W light and they pop open in 2-3 days unless they're dead. Longest seed took 5 days