Help me please!!!Droopy taco leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by rydogg420, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Hi everybody. I've got a problem with a plant of mine that I can't seem to figure out. The plant is still growing very fast so it can't be to big of an issue. But I wanna get this figured out asap because if I don't switch to 12/12 now then I'm going to run out of space.

Here's some facts:
    4.5x4.5 tent.
    1000 true led watts
    5 plants in 5 gal pots
    Promix hp with added perlite and lime
    Sensi grow nutes plus voodoo juice and b52 and the odd shot of calmag+ as my tap is only 80ppm
    7 weeks from seed

So the problem started a couple weeks ago. I potted plants up into their final 5gal pots and watered in with plain water plus a bit of b52 and calmag.
    Then on my next watering I went half strength grow nutes. Then 3/4 strength. Now I had just put these kinda small plants in big pots so I didn't water till a lot of runoff because I didn't want to water log them in a giant plant forever. Anyways after a few days I started seeing some minor taco leaves and reddish leaf stems. So I mixed my nutes to 3/4 strength. Around 850ppm. Watered until lots of runoff. Checked ph of runoff. Around 5ph. Quite low. So i figured this was causing my problems.
    Went back to a very light nute mix. 400ppm. Watered a lot until my runoff is coming out somewhere around 6 again(I use the blue drops). Ppm of runoff around 1000.

Then I went back to half strength for next watering and watered until I got lots of runoff again. Ppm of runoff 1000 again. Ph somewhere near 6. So I figure I have my soul pretty well back in check.

Anyways here is a picture of the worst plant. It's actually the biggest and growing the fastest of all 5 but the leaves are in the worst condition of the bunch. All others seem to have gone back to normal.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Now I need some opinions. Is this plant just slow to recover? Have I stressed it from to much training? Or is she just hungry now? I have grown this strain before and fed it the same way. By the time I got to flower she needed full strength but never in veg. Mind you this is a big plant. 18" tall only but 34" across.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Droopy taco leaves are usually lack of water or too much heat. How hot is it, and what's your humidity?
    Red stem is phosphorus if I'm correct.
    If it's not water or heat you will need one of the growing guru's to help with nutrient deficiency or excess.
    I would also look into VPD which comes from bad humidity.
    Hope this bumps to the top for a better answer.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for your reply. That's actually all I can find info about when searching google as well. But it's not environmental I don't think. This is my fourth grow in the tent so I've got my tent pretty dialled in. I should have put this in the original post.
    Temps 67-75
    RH 39-58
    I have a hygro/thermo that records high and lows. These are the average swings over the last 2 weeks

4. How close is your lights to the plants(have you tried placing your hand above the canopy to see how hot it was)
    If anything just for shits and giggles get some cal-mag and use very small doses(if you are already using it then don't)
    Do you have a fan blowing accross the plant?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi. Ya my lights are about 18" from the top of this plant. Canopy feels kind of warm but nothing to serious. Light intensity would make sense tho. The tallest plant is the worst one. And it seems to affect the upper growth most.
    I do have some cal mag and having been giving small doses. I use tap water but it only measures about 80-90ppm so I been just giving about 1/4 of the bottles recommendations. Definitely look a bit mg deficient to me though. Could be from the ph being so low before my rinse?

And yes I believe I've got really good airflow. 4" extractor with carbon filter.
    One oscillating tower fan blowing across the tops. One little oscillating fan on the floor blowing between the pots and one more stationary clip on fan blowing just above the LEDs.

I really don't think it's the environment but I will try raising the lights a little. If anything maybe it will ease a bit of stress off the plants anyways.

6. Okay I would love to see results in a couple days!! Keep me posted

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'll do that. Thanks for trying to help. I really appreciate it.

8. Well this happened fast. Raised the lights 4 inches. 10 hours later the leaves are sticking straight back up. Still a little taco shaped but the change is dramatic. I can't believe that's all it needed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesome to hear man :) glad I could sorta help with 50% of your issue

• Like Like x 1