help me pick out my first gaming build under 1200.

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Nerd4herb, Jan 17, 2014.

1. ive got this set up so far picked out on pcpart picker 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2CxTP

anything to make it better for around the same price? will it fit? and is it going to run games well? 
    thanks and happy toking.

2. that's a decent build but you could get a 780 if you get a less expensive powersupply and don't buy windows (i don't like pirating but i hate microsoft so fuck em) other then that yeahh i don't see much that needs improvement

3. Have you accounted for what monitor you'd want plus other peripherals? I budgeted 1300 for my build but didn't think about those, so I wound up totalling around 1500 on my setup.

Also, post that link to r/buildapc. They're incredible help and will help you get the best bang for your buck out of that rig.

4. Ncix.com great pre built computers if your interested! Sent from Divineknightsclan.com under a tree.

5. [quote name="xSadrulesx" post="19356551" timestamp="1389940225"]that's a decent build but you could get a 780 if you get a less expensive powersupply and don't buy windows (i don't like pirating but i hate microsoft so fuck em) other then that yeahh i don't see much that needs improvement[/quote]A 780 would be good or even just a 770.

6. I'd spend a couple more bucks and pair up a ASUS Maximus VI with a ASUS GTX 780 DirectCU ii OC. I regret not getting them on my build. The motherboard has some very cool hidden features paired up with the ASUS GTX.