Help me pick out a bong for the sale tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Lunati, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Long time reader here, and I'm looking to take advantage of the sale tomorrow and get a setup all for around 100 dollars. I know it's not much but I would rather not spend lot on a bong knowing it's in a college apartment and could possibly be broken, so I'll wait and get my Stemline this summer.

I know alot of you guys don't like Weed Star products but they are exactly what I'm looking for as in what you get for the price. I've been doing some research and most say just to get a decent straight tube with a good diffy or a A/C.

Some things I would like to have:

• 5mm glass
    • No carb hole
    • Less than 18"
    • Some sort of perc or just a decent diffy with A/C

Some bong's I have been looking at are:

WS - Smellchecker
    I know this is a straight ripoff of the Stemline, it's so new that there are practically no reviews on it and I would love to see what this is about and do a review. It is right in my price range and is exactly what I want in a bong for this price.

The Smellchecker by Weedstar - English - Grasscity.com

WS - Bazooka Bong
    This looks like a pretty decent straight tube although it only has 4.2mm glass its not that big of deal. I would pair this with a A/C and maybe down the road a decent diffy.

Weed Star Bazooka Bong - 29.2 mm - English - Grasscity.com

That is pretty much all I've really seen that is in stock? If you guys have some ideal setups for around 100 dollars please feel free to chime in!

Thanks!

2. #2 MakaveliArts, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
    I would rather get a molino than a weedstar.

Molino Premium Bong Line - 7mm - 40cm - Purple Logo - English - Grasscity.com

7mm thick. It would be very hard to break accidentally. Under 100$ before 30% discount. I personally do not like purple, but don't worry there are different colors. I would also rather get the 50cm version (Taller, 19.7 inch) rather than the 40cm but that is just personal preference. Then eventually you could upgrade it with a new slide, a new diffuser, and if you want an A/C or Carbon filter. I would get a showerhead diffuser, costing around 30-50$. 50$ being the Alex K, which is the one I own and my favorite.

3. Thanks for the quick reply, I forgot about these, I saw them posted on the forums when they were still designing them. What A/C would you use with this? If I got the 5mm I would still have some cash for one.

4. Thanks for the reply but that's not really what I'm looking for, I really want to stay away from colored glass, and the twisty percs looks lame. Still a good price though!

5. Well, I need to know why you want the A/C to give you my best opinion. To keep the bong cleaner, or do you want it more to smooth the hit? I personally decided with a Carbon Filter over an A/C because smoothing the hit was less of a priority. If I were you I would plan ahead and get accessories you know would work with your next bong, and get quality accessories that you can use on both.

I also advise you get the 7mm.

6. As for the A/C I would want that for three reasons. Less harsh, cleaner, and cooler. I love the idea of a Carbon Filter but I hate that you "should" change the carbon after every gram...too tedious for me.

7. i think molino makes the ugliest bongs on the site.

that smell checker is a nice piece but remember that WS isnt great quality glass.

but its still good, but dont be surprised to see something off or crooked or something like that when you get it

8. I'm right with you on that, Molino isn't exactly eye-candy... I know WS is quality glass I'm not expecting to compare it to a $300 dollar piece. It's 100 bucks, it's going to have flaws.

As of now I am leaning towards the Smellchecker still :/