help me pick my second light

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DankHerbologist, Mar 7, 2013.

1. So as of right now I am returning my 400w HPS/MH setup because its TOO DAMN HOT :mad:, I would be experiencing 84-86 degrees every day. Don't even get me started on plenty of ventilation, I got it all. So at the moment I have my 180w Blackstar panel hanging over a few of my babies.

I need to get either a 250w HPS/MH setup or another LED panel, I am already aware of presented watts and ACTUAL draw so just help me pick a better buy for best results.. What do you guys think? Definitely don't want to fuck with heat issues again :(. My tent is 4 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 2 feet deep. Vegging/flowering 4-6 at a time.

Not going to spend more then $200 on the actual product. I am open to all suggestions, here is just what i have been looking at so far.

I am currently looking at this 250w HPS setup:
    250W HPS MH Grow Light Digital Ballast Kit Hangers Timer Complete 250 Watt | eBay

I am also currently looking at this Apollo 280w setup:
    Apollo Red Blue Orange Plant Lamp LED Grow Light 10 3 2 280W US Version | eBay.

100w Advanced LED ( possibly just as good as the other two, possibly shit product? heard some good and bad, really pricey though)
    Advanced LED 100W Diamond Series Grow Light with 2 Year Warranty | eBay

2. If your worried about heat..go with the led

3. #3 DankHerbologist, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2013
    Whats your thought on that LED? Its probly assembled in China but its at least brand name.

Also, do you think the mix of HPS and LED would be better then all LED?

I want to try HPS but the 400w was too hot, so I'm hoping a 250 would not cause the same problems. But im scurrrred

4. More planning on your part would avoid such a BASIC mistake
    400w HPS/Mh does 4'x4' correctly... ain't gonna work in 4"x2" obvious too hot, even with ventilation, true you get less heat with 250w HPS but then again you get less lumens.

Lot easier to get a bigger tent,....you are gonna anyways.....lol

5. no im not going to get a bigger tent. it would not fit my living area and I am not going anywhere for a very long time.

Not concerned with lumens at the moment, im aware its less. But what about heat? Is it significantly lower?

6. I wouldn't hesitate to use sola flare LED if it wasn't $450.

I don't want to spend that much right now which is why I'm looking at apollo led, already have a 180w black star right now too.