Help Me Pick A Tube

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Baking, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Hello, GC! The time has come for a real high-end tube that I can use daily. I currently have an 18 in stemless straight shoot with a tree perc but I'm looking for something with some work and quality (not to mention thickness). I'm looking to spend $350. What kind of set ups or options might help me get the most out of the piece for the price? And what tubes might you recommend? Thanks. :bongin:

2. Roor, Illa, Luke-Wilson, all depends on what you want, A/C, percs, etc.

3. Honestly man, Im in the same boat and I cannot get my mind off US Tubes. So i would highly sugguest one since all I hear is good things

4. US TUBES! those are thick as hell. If I get another tube that will probably be it.

Just never get something talker then 18", that's all I've got to say.

9mm US Tubes are the thickest around, add a diffused downstem and your good.

5. Why no taller?

6. x2???

7. #7 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
    Harder to store,
    Harder to clean,
    Harder to maintain,
    Harder to clear.

A taller tube is also more unstable, even if it's a beaker.
    General rule is 18" and you don't find too much real quality tubes that are more then an inch or two taller.

8. #8 Baking, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2010
    My lungs can handle the extra smoke but I do see your point with stability... plus my arm is only so long. Ha

9. Ok well that's not the only reason. Though I can be a stickler for drag...

I love keeping my tubes clean, and they all get a case, which you don't see very many if above 18-20". Besides I change the water a lot between cleanings.

10. I had a bag for my old 2 foot Biohazard but it was quite large and noticeable... And stale smoke is a real drag. I remember I hit my friends 4 foot straight shoot.. it only took 1 hit. I'm a real neat freak when it comes to my pieces too. I've always got the epson salt and alcohol nearby.

11. Yepbthats why I say general rule is 18".
    Honestly you don't see people who own glass(especially good quality glass for that matter) larger then that, it's not common.

12. ive actually been looking to get that zob, i looked at it in person, and i love it, if i had the bank id get the lw.

13. NYCdeisel wrote that US TUBES rock- and they do!!!
    Personally I would recomend the OG Jamaican king (A bit below the price range that you`re aiming at) or the OG PROPHET .....
    But for a perc bong - you have some choices out there.I have ordered (and payed for) a SNOB 3 perc with some sick extras-the last one out of the production,before the SNOB team split up....you should come to Norway and try it........-happy hunting!!!!!!

14. Here we go again: the OG Jamaican king,diffusor,pre-cooler and a 8 centimetre meerchaum chillum as a bowl (this goes into a suitable semi-large bowl of your choice) is what I would go for.And you would still have money for "salad".but this setup-does not have ice notches or perc\s........