Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

help me persuade my parents.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rileyscool101, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Well, I am tired of having to sneak around to smoke. I am a senior in high school with a 3.9 gpa, and my parents recently caught me smoking. They pretty much told me that they know it's not as bad as people make it out to be, but they still believe it makes you dumb.

They told me "We don't want you turning out like your brother" My brother was a pretty big fuck up, failed 6th grade, got expelled out of highschool and had to get a GED. He smoked weed throughout all this. They believe that my brother turned out the way he did because of weed. Now, i'm asking you guys to give me ideas to persuade them to change their opinion on weed. They sometimes smoke themselves, so the union and other things won't help change their opinion. I need something that will show them that weed doesn't affect my motivation. I honestly can't think of anything. I thought that my gpa would show them that I can do just fine while smoking weed, but it doesn't. Parent logic... >.<

2. just show them legit facts and tell them what i always go by, weed doesnt make you lazy most people who are fuck ups that smoke weed were that type of person before they smoked and were probably gonna end up that way with or without weed

3. A 3.9 isn't that great unless you are in a challenging high rated school.. Just sayin.

4. You have to explain to them that everyone is different. Yes, there are people who let weed screw up their lives. You have to show them that you are not one of those people and you can remain responsible, diligent, and competent AND smoke weed. Talk to them about moderation, relieving stress, and separating work and play and I think you will be able to convince them.
    I was in a similar situation...I do great in school and my mom found my paraphernalia, and smelled it in my room once. I am lucky that I have a cool mom who did not get on my case about it because I showed and continued to show that I did not lack responsibility, spend all my money on it, or do it while doing important things.
    Your mom is just trying to look out for you, so understand that and talk to her like an adult about it.

5. A 3.9 gpa on a forum full of stoners is borderline genius

6. Touche...

7. Click that first link in my sig. You should be able to find what you need. :D

But if you send me an email, I'll send you an even bigger, up-to-date 2012 version! (And no link to GC for your parents to find- just a PDF you "found on the net... somewhere" :rolleyes: ) My email is at the bottom of my sig.

Granny :wave:

8. There's no hope OP..only way out is suicide.

jk if they don't want to let you then fuckit just keep smoking and getting your good grades then if they ever confront you about it just bust out your report card and yell "do we got a problem" boyz n tha hood status.

9. Well considering i'm graduating high school with an associates degree, i'd say 3.9 is pretty good. I'm taking 4 college classes at the moment. I didn't even say it was that good, I just put it in to show that i'm not a terrible student, no need to be a dick about it bro.

10. [quote name='"xSadrulesx"']There's no hope OP..only way out is suicide.

jk if they don't want to let you then fuckit just keep smoking and getting your good grades then if they ever confront you about it just bust out your report card and yell "do we got a problem" boyz n tha hood status.[/quote]

haha last line is epic

11. Convincing parents is not an easy task for any subject, especially if you are trying to convince them that you should be able to use cannabis. If your parents are both even a little less strict than my mom, then holy shit, you may have a chance.

First, try to show them you are responsible. Never refer to cannabis as:weed, dope or pot. Those are the most degrading terms coined for weed. Occasionally use marijuana, but I usually go with cannabis.

Always act mature. I am not assuming you are immature, I am just telling you what you need to know.

Okay, now on to the the actual "persuasion".

First, show them The Union. It is on Netflix, you can also buy it online, or just browse movie channels on TV, you may be able to find it.

Next, find some facts about cannabis that totally combat any propaganda bullshit. some great facts are here: Above The Influence of Ignorance | Medical Marijuana & Hemp Facts

Important note: Don't just find a bunch of weak facts and present them in bullet list style. Actually remember the details, and occasionally present them as refutes to any of your parents' false beliefs about marijuana.

In your situation, your parents think that cannabis makes you "dumb". A great fact to dispute that statement is explained here: Above The Influence of Ignorance | Medical Marijuana & Hemp Facts

You can also reinforce this statement using this story:
    " In another famous study, Heath/Tulane (1974), wild monkeys were
    brutally captured, then virtually suffocated in marijuana smoke over a
    period of 90 days. Source: National Institute of Health."
    (#19 in footnotes on this page: Erowid Psychoactive Vaults)

If, after your efforts, your parents stay firm in their decision, do feel bad. Sure, it will suck having to follow their rules, but you are under their control until you move out. Many people, including me, must deal with their parents irrational ideas about cannabis.

Click and drag from here

Pro tip:If you really want to impress them, improve your life and stuff, get a nice girlfriend, a good job, and maybe improve yourself or your habits. If you can manage to do this all the while smoking weed, don't feel bad to politely rub it in their faces. You can do this while still living in their house, but this is best executed after you move out. It will show them how much they really held you back.

to here.

12. eh, he's doing his job basically getting straight A's easy or not he's doing his job. His agreement with parents should be aslong as he keeps doing his job and getting high marks it shouldn't matter.