help me out present/former college students!

Discussion in 'General' started by paralozis, Aug 29, 2011.

1. So I'm going to college soon and I had some concerns iin terms of keeping weed in the room. I know my roommate doesn't smoke so I probably won't do it in the room. I have a glass-cigarette-looking dugout that I plan to use outside but I was mainly wondering about RAs and how thoroughly they search your room.

I know at my school they don't do random searches but they occasionally do safety checks to make sure you don't have like toasters and candles and stuff like that. If I had a safe, would they make me open it and look inside it? Second, do I even need to bring one? Since my roommate doesn't do it and we're sharing a fridge, I didn't know where else I would store it without it smelling. I use this safe at home right now and it's pretty good about keeping the smell sealed up so that's why I was planning on bringing it. I've seen dorm rooms when visiting my brother/friends and none of them really have safes so would it just be sketchy (to the RA mainly, not so concerned about other students) if I had one? It's a good size too so not really something I can just hide in the drawers.

2. Woah a safety check for toasters ? What sort of 18+ year old does not know how to properly use a toaster

3. remember, when you sign off for your name to any educational facility, you'll usually giving them the rights to do what ever they please. Car searches, dorm checks, etc.

but dont keep a safe, its obvious that you're hiding something, to the RA and students. If you let ppl know you have a safe, words will be floated around.