Help me out Blades

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by peacepipeme, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Ok, so im the type of guy that dose NOT like spending money on expensive bongs and pipes n such - well quite frankly, i dont like spending money on ANY bongs or pipes; expensive or not.

Right now ive got a "standard" glass bong that i bought at a local headshop for about 40 bucks... Its my "old reliable"; Insanely thick glass, can hold a shit ton of water, and has a face only a mother can love(its not a looker).

I also own a beautiful glass sherlock bubbler that im VERY proud of, that cost me about 120. I own a small spoon as well (my first piece), that can fit in the palm of your hand. lol, i got it at a gas station for about 15 bucks or something.

ANYWHO,

Im thinking about upgrading to a better bong. Im looking at this piece: Flaming Skull - Percolator Bong Clear - English - Grasscity.com

But, im super indecisive. Is it WORTH it to hand over soo much for a bong? I know its not the most expensive piece but still, thats a little over an eighth of good dank when all the shipping costs are included.

So i guess, my questions is; Should i save a bit and get this beautiful bong that i KNOW i will enjoy or smoke like ive been doing this whole time and just forget about it. Ive never experienced a "high end" bong like this... Is it really worth it? PLEASE HELP BLADES. :smoke:

& thanks for the input guys.

2. I've always had my eye on that bong but i'm after the high quality glass.. those percs are prolly real brittle so is the glass prolly.. I don't like the idea of the 18.8 joint either because i feel its hard finding nice bowls for that joint size, cuz its usually 18 or 14 thats being sold..

3. #4 DRTYDUB21, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Meh. Good glass is well worth the price, imo...

I would go with a Milono or EHLE if you were set on ordering a bong from GC. But, better can be had for the same money, or a bit more.

4. Imo, it's all about what you use to smoke your green. If you are smoking out of an old pipe that has never been cleaned, you are going to lose that fresh green flavor.

If you are toking out of a brand new bong with a diffused stem, and ice in it, you are going to obviously enjoy that. I personally love new glass, that's just me though.

I don't have any of those, but i did purchase a new bong recently, haven't got to use it yet though :/ I recommend finding one that has thick glass and a stem/bowl diameter that you can easily find just in case.

Happy toking!

5. grab a molino premium tube.
    i promise you wont regret it.
    throw an alex k diffy on it
    tilt the bitch and rip

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUyKvyPFosY]YouTube - Christening the Molino[/ame]

go to :26 to see the rip
    it milk JUST like my roor

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrKCaj249ug]YouTube - molino[/ame]
    here another one.

and with teh alex k:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPatenz3FEM]YouTube - Alex K Showerhead Diffuser Compilation[/ame]

8. WOW, good to know, ill keep my eyes open when looking at the joint size. Thanks. :smoke:

Good to know. Im looking into both of those brands now. The only problem is they dont seem to have much going on (which isnt a problem), but wouldnt you get a better hit from some crazy bong with perks and shit? idk.

Thanks! yeah, i always keep my glass SPOTLESS. and if i had a high end piece, it would be well taken care of.

Will do sir. They do look tasty. Im looking into monilo's and EHLE now.

Thanks guys. Keep the advice coming! im completely in the dark when it comes to high end pieces.

9. HOLY PHUCK! +rep :hello:

Is that the Premium tube thats in the Grass City shop? the one i saw didnt look that big, but pictures on there can be deceiving. WOW, if thats what the Molino Premium looks like, you just sold it to me. :hello:

10. AVOID THAT BONG

In fact, avoid any percolated bong that isn't above a hundred and fifty bucks.(as a general rule of thumb, not a hard fact of life) I have the shotgun hole straight tube variant, and while it works, it also doesn't work. The percolator itself is crooked, sloppy, does not diffuse well, it clogs after 2 to 3 grams, it is a pain in the fucking ass to clean, my perc doesn't even hold water, has two to three holes in the perc that leak water down into the bottom chamber, the downstem is average quality at best, only the tube is 5mm, the joint is like 1mm, the base is very unstable, ect.

Buy a molino tube and a pre-cooler if you are looking to stay in a similar price range with similar diffusion.

Save yourself the heartache of watching it break or having to clean it even when you do not want to because even though you're hitting it like a hooker no smoke is coming through.

11. yessir, that is the black label molino premium
    its the perfect size, and made with schott duran

12. and if you dont believe me that it milks like a roor...

i put my molino AC on my roor.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBAywaQLYfs]YouTube - ROOR.us Blue 18" 1st Milk Ever[/ame]

13. Sounds good bro. Yeah, im DEFIANTLY leaning towards the Molino - such a beauty.

Dope. Im diggin the black label but its sold out in the shop. do you know if it would be easy to find in local headshops? I would much rather avoid waiting for a online delivery anyways...

14. Hehe, I have the 40cm 5mm variant of the black label. I haven't hit many high quality pieces, but I have hit a RooR as well as a inline ZOB. Now of course the molino won't compare to the ZOB, the price range is completely different. But the RooR cost something like 200 with the best upgraded downstem RooR in the headshop. My molino cost me 79 and change(30% christmas savings mind you) with shipping and while I would say it isn't as smooth, it certainly gives it a good run for its money. And the price to smoothness ratio is definitely much higher.

15. ^pair it with a showerhead downstem that will shred the water
    or a multiarm downstem that breaks smoke into different water paths

16. That is definitely why I picked my tube up, it is a very good stocky bong that can be upgraded into a good 3-400 dollar rip for half the price.

17. #18 zxzDarkCloudzxz, Jan 4, 2011
    its like modding cars lol
    a straight tube is like the honda of glass lol

ill throw this downstem onto this tube, with thi ashcatcher with this downstem

oh, ill change the ashcatchers downstem and not use a downstem in the tube

ill use water in the ashcatcher and not the tube

ill put a dry ashcatcher on a multiarm downstem in a tube

ill put a showerhead here, a multiarm here

an inline ac on a circ ac here and a showerhead downstem on the tube

this that and the possibilites are ridiculous

18. Haha wow, i never really thought about all the upgrades n shit. You guys are getting me all exited now. Ive been blazing forever but i never thought about getting something better.

Do you guys know if the prices fluctuate at all between online buying and prices at local head shops? Is it easy to find a Molino tube at a head shop?

19. #20 TelevisedChaos, Jan 4, 2011
    You spent 120 on a glass bubbler and you say you don't like spending money on expensive glass? :p:hello:

Oh and I don't think headshops will stock molino's, they're more of an online kinda thing. The molino premiums on GC are amazing value though check them out.