help me out a bit

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannibasity, Oct 22, 2009.

1. im writing an pursaisve essay for school.i chose to write about the legalization of marijuana.. my problem is, i just dont know if this is apropriate. like do you think people will start lookin at me wird because im a stoner?.. or should i just say eff it im writing on what i belive in i dont care what you poeple thinlk of me. has anyone else written a college paper on this topic?

2. Are you in college?

3. i know i have some typos lol .. my laptop is stuck on somewhat of a really small font so i really dont know what it is im writing lol...i need help with that too its reall bothering me

4. What class is it for?

5. ide say do it...

6. english 102

7. I say go for it. If anyone calls you out, just say you were trying to think of something original.

8. If you're not in public school then they're not accountable to your parents or anything, and I would expect a professional Professor to evaluate your paper without considering the subject matter. He will be grading you on your writing form, grammar, substance, coherence, etc.

If you expect to have to read it in class, you may want to consider that. If you don't have to read it, and are in college, you should go for it. Even if you have to read it, I see no reason not to, unless you are concerned with what the other students will think. I'm normally in a class full of people I don't know, so I wouldn't give a fuck what they think.

9. THATS THE BIG THING! my proffessor tends to read out the ones he likes or thinks is the best.. he did this to me already.. putting me on the spot..but then again there are a few other stoners in my class so im leaning more on doing it ... ive already started it

10. Take the praise dude...How can anyone judge an educated stoner? You're playing against the stereotype, and that's good.

11. Dude, that's a good thing. I'd be happy if my Professor let me get away with not reading my paper. I tend to be a favorite in my class, and he believes that the essayist should lend his voice to his essay, so I usually precede the reading by saying something like "If my success continues to be punished, I see my grade dropping." My first final draft essay was 10 fuckin pages long.

Okay, so all you really need to resolve here is whether you are comfortable with the idea that - although a simple pro-legalization essay - it may lead some in your class to think you smoke it. But if people confront you about it, you can always say you got friends that smoke, and you don't feel its fair that they have to do it in secret.

I'm pretty sure polls prove there are more people for legalizing than there are who smoke.

12. thanks!! Well im definatly doing it because, ive written a couple pages already and it sounds amazing lol... So much good come from it. So its hard for a reader not to get persuaded lol

13. #14 Foxy, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    Blow minds...

This country thrives on stigma. A stoner is a burnt out hippy on a grassy knoll who doesnt have a job and could care less about college.

Write the paper, and do it well. If you have problems with punctuation, sentence structure etc. etc.,get some help from your friends or the schools writing center. If you truly are a writer, do your best work, submit it for open forum and be prepared for some comments, give honest answers and dont use opinion. State fact. Dont perpetuate the stereotype. If you cant write, dont even attempt writing about marijuana..stick to dragons or some other dumb shit and get an A

14. There is so much good material to draw from on this side of the argument. If I had the choice, I would probably choose this subject or gay marriage. I used gay marriage as an example in my last essay of a form of discrimination that happens even though we all agree that discrimination is a bad thing. So, I'd probably have to skip that and go with something new, lest I risk plagiarising myself. :)

And even if I had to read it in class, I'm 33 in a class of younger people, pretty conservative looking intellectual, my last essay essentially proves I'm a deep thinker, it would be challenging for them to actually think I'm a smoker and not just someone who has spotted a segment of society that is being oppressed and that deserves freedom.

15. well im niot worried about the grammer. i was just worried on the image im giving myself to the audiance that will most likly here me read it .. lol

.... my girl friends and english major if anything ill let her PR