help me i cant sleep

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by sistermol, Apr 21, 2009.

1. I have had sleeping problems for around 8 years now
    I think i have tried just about everything and only 2 things seem to help
    weed (depends actually if its sativa they tend to keep me up) and prescription sleeping pills
    but sadly weed cost money and so do pills (on the street atleast)
    and i think my parents think im faking it just so i can get some pills (pills arent really my thing unless its some rolls)
    but the lack of sleep is really starting to affect me like i get mad for no reason and i have a really short temper
    its also making me really depressed (could be somethin else but im pretty sure its the no sleep thing) i actually made the mistake of cutting i have never cut i completely despise it but i did it anyway so can anyone help me convince my parents that im not gonna abuse this:(

2. You want us help you convince your parents that you wont abuse prescription drugs, however, you cut yourself? Good luck with that one buddy.

3. no i only did it once when i didnt sleep for like 3 or 4 days i would never do that normally

4. join the clubthere isn't anything you can do about it unless you smoke weed or get a prescription sleep aid. trust me

5. #6 FreakTard, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    Well if your parents really don't trust you after honestly talking to them, then that's a problem.

I mean, yeah you may do drugs recreationally at times, but if you sit down and talk to them honestly, they should help. If they do not, then I'd say that is bad parenting skills just because parents should have at least some trust in their children. However, if you do get them and you abuse them, then that's bad on your part.

Try talking to your parents. Try telling them that they can take complete control of the pills. For instance, let them hold on to them so that they can give you the correct dose when you need it. That will let them know that you are not abusing them. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you. I'd recommend counseling.

Also... Cutting doesn't help anything... Sleeping or anything else in life. It only makes you look even more immature among other things.

6. well its a good thing I DONT NORMALLY DO IT i just said in one of my previous post i did it cause i hadnt slept in like 3-4 days
    do you think straight after you dont sleep for that long but thank you i'll try that and my tolerence to diphenhydramine is to high to take tylenol pm i would probably fuck up my liver trying to get to sleep on those

7. Excedrin PM? Haha.

I would recommend oxycodones, but you implied you were low on cash. Oxys always make me feel nice when I'm trying to sleep. When I take them I nod hard and I can lay down and it feels amazing to sleep.

8. no i get oc's for free cause my grandmother doesnt take hers and gives em to me i just dont usually do em that much either to addictive for me
    i have like three and a half bottles just sittin here that she gave me and i never did anything with them

9. Damn, I'll take them, lol.

They are addictive and definitely shouldn't be used as a sleeping aid, but if you do them recreationally, they may help you sleep. Like if you haven't been able to sleep well for a couple days, do them once and nod off. It feels amazing =]

But what you do is up to you my friend. I don't want to tell you to do something you aren't comfortable with.

Good luck.

10. Melatonin?

What you really need to do is convince your parents to let you see your doctor. Insomnia is a real disease and what they're doing could be contrued as abuse (denying a dependent neccasary medical care).

Shit, if you have to, go to a free clinic and get a script on your own, since if you're on here you should at least have a way to get around, and at 18 a clinic WILL see you.

edit: oh yeah, YOU LUCKY FUCK, free OCs and you don't even take them...

11. Def try Melatonin. Get the syrup version, not the pills. It tastes much worse, but somehow has always worked much better for me. I've had issues with extreme insomnia as well.

Melatonin, although OTC, can help more than ambien. It not only helps get you to sleep, but puts you into a deeper sleep more easily and you will actually have more dreams.

Ambien is INCREDIBLY easy to get prescribed, and it will knock you the fuck out. The thing is, every time you use it you'll get more and more tollerant to it. After 30 days of daily use (one tablet before bed) it did nothing for me, and I would still be up all night (tried 10mg IR and 12.5mg XR).

As far as "street" drugs, i would go with klonopin. A smaller dose of half to 1 mg shouldn't knock you out, but should give you the ability to get to sleep if you get in bed.

Benedryl can also be used (it's the sleeping aid in tylenol PM). 25-50 mg. It doesn't help me at all personally, but does for alot of people so it's worth the try. It's also pretty safe if you don't abuse it.

If your parents are concerned about you abusing pills, start with melatonin. It doesn't give a high, and is over the counter, so your parents may realize that you're serious about needing a sleep-aid if they see you using it.

And one final bit of advice, try excersising (if you don't). Tiring your body out during the day makes sleeping alot easier. Doing as little as jogging or riding a bike a mile or two can make a huge difference.

12. #13 whiskey, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009

You should see a doctor about your insomnia.

By buying pills from the street and self medicating your insomnia, you are feeding your parents fears. If this is a real problem, simply go see a doctor who will probably try different medications until you find out that helps you out.

Convince your parents by telling them you would like to seek a medical opinion and that you aren't looking for pills, you would be willing to try other things as well, such as meditation and what not, but it's effecting your life.

If it's making you depressed, a simply antidepressant really may cure the insomnia and help you get back on track.

13. Firstly, if you are over 18 then your parents have no legal business in your medical affairs. Even if you use their insurance for the doctors visit and the perscirption it would only give a general discription such as copay in the insurance statement. Take yourself to the appointment and pharmacy.

As sleeping goes, Id suggust exercise. It seems like a crappy and over hyped fix to the problem, but it really does alot to help with sleep/stress. Eating the right stuff couldnt hurt either.

Lastly, do you normally consume any stimulants such as coffee or cigs? These would obviously contribute to the problem. I hope you find something that helps you both now and in the future. Goodluck.

14. Mayne.. Pick up some fuckin' SMACK.
    Send ya ass in a big ass nod, then slowly peacefully (if not seizure) fall alseep.
    That's how I do.. ..and AFD (jknohomojk)!

15. If your 18, who cares what your parents think? you can get them yourself.

16. try working out, you will get tired and pass out. and it should make you healthier in general, might help you sleep man

17. Indica is the sleeper... body high.
    Sativa is the upper... head high.

You're doing it wrong.

18. .....

Attached Files:

19. #20 abilities, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    i got a similar situation. since then i've obtained a prescription of clonazepan for sleep, which is nice because it works for sleep and for any anxiety, though doesn't really work for sleep unless in higher doses (beyond what's prescribed) or if its combimed with a little bit of bud (like a few hits and 1mg or 2 of kpin). i also tried combining kpin and melatonin but only found myself passing out at like 7 or 8 (not even feeling recreational value from either substance) and wake up at like 3 am. my parents too have been deathly fearful that i'm just going to get them and abuse them.

i suggest talking to your parents and fully express your need, including the difficulties it causes or how your irregular and uncontrollable sleep cycle affects your daily life (if it does). after changing their mind and getting an appointment with a doctor, its all about telling them your story and you can get a med, but sometimes its a process cause they like to try giving you weak shit that doesnt work (like clonazepan) long before they'd ever prescribe you ambien (despite it being for sleep. because of a higher abuse potential.) doctors are fucked up.

edit: if you're having suicidal thoughts and feeling depressed, then seeing a doctor is going to completely flip your world. they're gonna try and put you on meds which can and will change you, and isn't always for the better (ive been prescribed 'the wrong' medication). find within yourself if you really are depressed, or if its just a result of what you think.. if you still can be happy doing activities and have a hobby or something you enjoy (sober), try and do those more and improve your quality of life, maybe step away from the herb (and any other drugs) for a little while and just get back on track.

that being said, if it's a sadness that you feel you can't cope with or handle on your own, you need to tell your parents you need to see someone. and as far as someone commenting 'who cares what your rents think', for most people your rents are the one who would pay for any pills.