Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Me Help A Veteran.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Vintage_Toker, Apr 23, 2023.

1. I have COPD and can't smoke weed anymore. I started experimenting with cannaoil six or seven months ago, and I wish I'd known about it 40 years sooner.

I met a Vietnam Vet recently, that lives in the same apartment complex as one of my girlfriend's friends. He's a good dude, but he has a lot of health problems including some issues from being exposed to Agent Orange. One of his biggest gripes is not being able to sleep. I have nothing but respect for our veterans and I really want to help him out if I can.

I gave him one of my brownies (really potent) to try and told him to go low and slow with it. When I asked him how it worked for him, he said he only took a couple little bites and was high as a kite and amped up all night long. He said it was fun, but no help in the sleep department.

I've read that longer infusion times equate to more CBD in the oil and a more relaxing (sleepy) effect.

I made a batch of oil recently using some Gold Leaf bud. It didn't come out as potent as I like, so I added another half ounce of decarbed weed and infused it into the original oil. The end result was some nicely potent oil, that's a little more mellow than what I usually make.

I'm thinking about putting the oil back into my double boiler, bringing it up to temperature and heating it some more, in the hope that I can come up with something that will help him sleep. I like the amped up high I get from what I usually make and have zero experience in going in the other direction with it.

So what do you think, am I on the right track? How long would you suggest I heat the oil for this time around? The more relaxing I can make it, the better. And lower THC levels aren't a concern. He likes to get high, but I have that covered for daytime use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I'm gonna tag @BrewsnWeed666 on this one. Might help you too, man.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. @BrassNwood would be able to help more then me bro, I've found when I've left butter/oil to infuse in a mason that the longer I leave it the sleepier the effects are :confused_2:, I give my homie some edibles when I make them & have used him as tester before since he doesn't do anything drug wise apart from when I've gifted him edibles..

I usually do a 2 hour infuse after decarbing but when testing gone as far as 8 & the longer the sleepier :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I also use a mix of differents strains together so it's a cocktail for edibles so I never know what's actually gone in them strain wise :laughing::smoking:

I haven't made any in a while since 1 of my homies gets me cheap edibles made with dabs

• Like Like x 1
  5. i don't have sleep problems.
    for me,THC is good for a nap,that's it.
    CBD works over time and can be taken anytime of day.
    as a sleep aid,you need to take way more then you should for it to work.

CBN is a better sleep aid,so i hear.you take when needed.
    THC turns to CBN when degraded.

CBD you don't wan't to take more then you need.
    if you can make precise dosage CBD,start off with 5mg a day and increase 5mg a week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    Kat recommends 4 or more heat and freezes to degrade her Hash-Coconut Oil for use as a sleep aid. I've made it on request and they said it works. Sampled it and not my thing at all.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Thanks for the replies everybody. We have a lot going on here right now, so I couldn't give this more than a quick skim. I'll get back to it when things calm down. Thanks again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. I think I remember reading something lately about some state banning the sale of CBN because of some stupid reason so I was curious and looked up how they made it. Heat speeds the THC to CBN process as Brass said but another thing you can do while it's warm is give it a good stirring, get as much oxygen in as possible. Put it out in the sun for an hour or so. UV-A light, like a blacklight, also works. If it's not sleepy enough, give it more sun or leave it in a cabinet with the lid off so oxygen can do its thing.

Basically, you do all the things you avoid doing when storing weed, or oil, long term. THC degrades slowest when it's kept cool, in the dark, and deprived of oxygen.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. quick google search...
    ban on where sold,but not banned of CBN.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. I'm sorry to take so long getting back to you, things have been crazy here lately. My girlfriend's, best friend's son passed away at 36 years old. Way too soon. His mom had a heart attack due to all the stress. It did some damage to her heart, but it could have been worse. She got out of the hospital and tried to commit suicide. Fortunately, her sister found her before it was too late. We're trying to get her the help she needs, but she's pretty much giving up. Rough times for everybody involved.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, I really appreciate it. In hind site, I should have searched this, but I didn't even think about it.

@BrassNwood thank you for posting the links. I've seen you post them more than once, and I haven't gotten through all of it, but I've been reading and learning from them. I don't know where my head was, that I didn't think of it.

Thanks again...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Holy Hell that sound like a total shit show. My condolences and best wishes for all involved. Damn what a mess.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Yeah, it's been an interesting several days... Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. I just wanted to give you an update and say thanks again. I took the advice above and the end product was just what I was looking for. I tried 2 teaspoons of the finished oil and it about knocked me out. I'm glad I tried it at night.

I made a pan of brownies for my friend and he said he has a couple bites an hour or so before bed and he's been sleeping good for the first time in years. He's able to fall asleep and he sleeps all night. He asked me to pass along his thanks, and thanks again for your help.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1