Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me GC! (Glass in my bud?)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by technyne09, May 3, 2009.

1. #1 technyne09, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    I very recently got a really dank smelling zip from a friend of a friend. I was just looking at it and I noticed very something very shiny on many of the buds. My first thought was is this the glass laced bud I heard was going around the UK? (I think thats what it was, anyways..) So I got a magnifying glass and took a close look at it, and it almost looks like some very shiny hairs. So, my question is: will very potent bud have hairs that are actually shiny/reflective to light? If not, what are the chances this stuff actually has glass in it?

If it is actually glass, I wouldn't have expected this on such dank bud (I just assumed it would be more of a shwag or mids thing?) I have only smoked it twice- the first time was a rather large blunt split with a buddy (but I was pretty drunk at the time of smoking it) and just now, a few hits from my pipe. I may have felt a slight tingling feeling in my throat after hitting the pipe, but nothing serious. Otherwise it seems to smoke fine. I wish I could take some macros but I don't have my DSLR right now. I'll try to get some sort of pics up ASAP though. Help me GC! What is the deal with this bud? Sorry for writing such a novel... ;)

2. first, i dont know why someone would put meth on their weed to sell. seems like a waste of their meth, and a stupid and dangerous idea. second, there are such things as those hairs. not toooottaly sure what they are called, but i definitely have seen such a thing before. either that, or it could be some packaging left on it from when it was first moved or something. but anyway, i highly doubt your bud is laced with crystal meth. just some dank!! smoke up!! :smoking:

3. Do you know your dealer well? If so, he probably didn't put glass in it.

If you can take really good macros, then you should be able to tell yourself if it has glass on it. If it does, it should be inconsistent, and you should only see small shards randomly stuck onto the bud.

Grind up a nugget, and examine it closely with a magnifying glass or camera.

4. Crystal meth?? You must be more baked than me right now... where did you come up with that haha

edit: just got ahold of a digital camera. it's not the DSLR but i'll see what i can do with it

5. Sure it's not a shit ton of Trichomes?

6. It's probably just better bud than you're used to. The pixils(hairs) can certainly have trichomes and may glisten in light. get some kief off and rub it between your fingers, if it's at all gritty feeling then it's not only kief and you should beware! if it's smooth and soft like kief, I wouldn't worry.

7. I have heard of bud being tampered with to make it look better, but you should probably look at some macros of really good bud to compare before jumping to conclusions, because yes, Trichomes can look glassy sometimes.

8. Sounds like normal crystals to me. I think you are stoned and paranoid.

9. lol whered that guy get meth out of glass

yeah man its probably not glass

10. yup agreed. case closed:smoking::smoking::smoking:

11. #11 technyne09, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    Before you see the pics below, I just realized a big thing I didn't mention in my original post: I tried rubbing the bud on a CD, and it definately left a bunch of light scratches across the surface. Also, when I was hitting my pipe I noticed the small buds I split it into would expand really fast, probably to about 3 times their original size while I was lighting and toking it :confused_2:

and now on to the pics, uploaded high resolution so be patient ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. hahaha shit my bad. I used to live in minnesota, where all the meth heads called it glass. i saw that, and the word "laced". and just assumed. haha. but yeah..probably just trichomes. shit, if you found bud that has so many trichomes it looks like glass, hook me up :smoking:

13. haha its all good. Check out the pictures above.. I'm beginning to think I'm just too stoned right now from this stuff and being paranoid :smoking: Someone set me straight!

14. Just looks normal man.

Although you have made me a little paranoid.

Give the buds a lick and see do the crystals dissolve.:)

15. your good man. looks like some sticky shit. smoke up! if someone was trying to weigh down your weed, they would do it with something less dangerous. i found a pebble inside a bud one time mid bong rip. i thought it was just a dense ass piece of weed and kept trying to smoke it!

16. Haha I'd rather not lick my bud :D

17. I wouldn't sweat it man, if they were glass fragments your tongue and throat
    would look shredded the day after blazin

18. haha its all good bro. that just looks like some high quaility bud. if ur not certain see if the bud is heavier than normal, u can also take the bud to a cd and slighty swipe it a cross the cd, if scartch marks are present then there is glass on the buds, if not...your good

19. ya that looks completly normal to me, you could try like....blowing on it real hard to see if anything comes off though if your still scared.

I think Trichromes can scratch it too, if im not mistaken

20. nope they cant. thats one of the fool proof methods to check if there is glass on your bud