Help me find good over-ear headphones!

Discussion in 'General' started by tropicana, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Well I'm trying to find some really good over-ear headphones. I was planning to buy the Beats by Dre Solo HD headphones but realized 200 dollars is way to much for its quality. Those headphones took my interest because how stylish and beasty it looks. I want superb quality headphones but at the same time I want them to be cool looking and not too bulky. My price range is 100-150. Please give me some good headphones that I can check out! Also my other main concern is I don't want headphones that when I put on high volume, others can hear it also.

2. Skullcandy makes awesome ones.
    [​IMG]

3. #3 Misc, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2010
  4. im not a fan of skull candy.

The Sennheiser HD 202 is a super-comfortable pair that I've tried on before. Not noise canceling but the fact that it is a cup headphone takes care of most of that. And it goes for 20-30 dollars look it up.
    sounds like what you are looking for!

5. Bose are way too expensive and are fragile.
    Skull candies are cheap but break easily.

Skull candies are good, but Technics are the best.

Most professional DJ's, such as Armin Van Buuren, use technics. They're made by Panasonic, and are fairly cheap.

Most headphones break due to the cord breaking.

These headphones allow you to take off the cord anytime, meaning if your technics stop working because of the cord, all you have to do is re-buy a cord, not a whole 100 dollar headphone again.

Panasonic Technics RP-DJ1200A DJ Headphones / Audio / Headphones / Professional - Panasonic - Zalmar.com

6. [​IMG]

Relativley Cheap too.:smoking:

7. I have these:

[​IMG]

Only $30, noise canceling, folding and comes with a pouch and two diferent plugs, one for airplanes and one for amps.

8. Bose headphones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definately man those r the best

9. My friend bought the dr. dres and I gotta say...they are very sweet.

10. I heard skullcandy is way overratted and I'm not a fan of the style. Is there headphones with HD audio sound?

11. Sennheisers
    Able Planet
    Bose

Just some brands to consider in order from greatest to least IMHO

12. Skullcandy/Dre's = Looks over quality. They are both rubbish cans and you would be much better off buying a pair of Sennheiser's or Sony MDR V700's.

13. I'm usin my bose QC 15's right now and i love them. awesome sound and are noise cancelling. pretty expensive though

14. I have a pair of Bose quietcomfort 15's and they are amazing!!! I know they are a little out of your price range but i listened to all the headphones in the store for awhile and the Bose ones were by far the best. They make them in a bunch of models in a wide price range. I didnt like the beats by Dr. Dre at all, they sounded like shit compared to Bose headphones at the same price. I've been a musician for 12 years and have pretty good ears in my opinion

15. Do you suggest the on-ear headphones by bose. The ones that does not cup your ears and is around 160 dollars.

16. yeah the beats by dre are not worth the $$$... currently i use bose in-ears, e-shure in-ear noise cancelling (cause the subways are brutal here in nyc) and surprisingly I am enjoying panasonics latest retro/WESC-like cans. i picked them up for $20 in store to replace a pair sony's i had. the bass is not to booming (like with the beats) and because the casing is plastic it is fairly light...i also have a pair of bose over the ear headphones that i nicked from a flight to brazil (i was bumped up to biz class and the bose were the headphones given out) and the panasonics are lighter in weight but the sound is not that much off from them.

Amazon.com: Panasonic RP-HTX7-RS Ryan Sheckler Signature Headphones: Electronics