help me find a job?

Discussion in 'General' started by fruitality, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys im a student in college with ok grades but i dont really have work or any type of leadership experience because i just fuck around and get high all the time. 

i always see people in my classes getting interviews and interships and i feel like i dont really have anything to put on a resume? 

like if im applying to a investment bank would working at taco bell mean anything if i put it on my resume? 

2. #2 My Username, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  3. in the extra skills and interests section i put im an avid bicycle tourist like riding all around south america and shit (not true)

4. #4 My Username, Nov 23, 2013

Hahaha, I have done something similar. I mean, bankers are typically very good lairs, so they may find it commendable even if they poke holes in your story.. who knows

Bottom line is, you are who you are and they will either take you or not. If it is what you really want, work hard and make it happen.

5. #5 RedEyeCEO, Nov 23, 2013
    You need to be persistent, apply to a place then call them to check on your interview. You need to interview well, be positive, use any past experience as a good thing that you have learned from. Never talk bad about an old job or boss, that is a big no no. No negative thoughts during an interview. Even if it's not true, try and convince them that no one will give them the production that you can offer them, but not in a way where you sound like an arrogant d bag. Let them know you are ambitious and will be dedicated. Also knowing what empowerment is and how to put it in your own words is a huge bonus for any one, a boss will love you if you know what empowerment is. #RedEyeClub

6. Bullshit baffles brains, as my head chef says!

7. #7 It's me, Nov 23, 2013
    Follow your passion, mine is auto mechanics but I listened to my dad and became ameat cutter. Now many years later, I changed my job preferences and now I love my job, I own a garage.
    It doesn't matter where you work as long as you do your best, then your references will be the best over all. Your on time, willing to work overtime and your polite. So a job is what you make of it..
    Yes, I definitely would put down taco bell but your ass better have a lot more work experience than that.

8. A meat cutter? dont you mean a butcher?

9. I'm gonna give some real advice. I had 2 internships in college. Make business cards and start networking. Yes, I said business cards. It's like $4.99 for 500 of them at VistaPrint. Just start going to young professional events in your city, start shaking hands and handing out your card. 

It sounds like a lot of formal bullshit but you gotta jump through some hoops to get your foot in the door. Especially since you have nothing special that sets you apart from someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.