Help me find a job GC!

Discussion in 'General' started by Purged1234, Oct 30, 2009.

1. #1 Purged1234, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    19, graduated HS this year, no college right now, just need a job, no formal work experience (worked with uncle during HS for spending cash, he cuts down trees for firewood, so thats what i helped him with. it was good spending cash in HS but i need steady pay nowadays and he hasnt been needing help lately.)

I have applied to today:

Kroger - Any
    UPS - Driver Helper
    Walmart - Sales/Stocking
    Kohls - Freight team (getting stuff off trucks and into the store)

going up to Publix tommorow to apply for night stocking. As you apparently can't apply online for them. from what i saw.

Ingles isn't hiring around here...

Throw me out some ideas GC, i need to be employed in a month or my parents are kicking me out..i got friends so i wont be on the street but i would hate being a burden.

and yes i've been to snagajob.com in the past and had NO luck with them. never got a call back ever, even after applying 15+ places. If i called somewhere i applied and asked them about it, they said they would "Call me if selected for interview" and never did.

I live like 30 miles outside atlanta and really don't want to work in the A , i don't feel like getting shot.

2. If you really wanted a job it would not matter where it was

3. Go to college ASAP.

4. When i was doing this shit, If they got paper app's id go every single day to the same spots and apply day in day out. They will call you. I got my first second job at 15 years old doing this, But then they couldnt hire me because i was 15 and she saved my app and told me to come back soon as i turn 16 and she'd hire me.

It works.

Also, Applying in person, Even if its on a computer in the store, They get your app quicker then applying online at home.

Your best bet is to get something, Anything, To get the experience so you can put that on your next job app so you have some sort of experience.

5. my advise is to look at it as an entropenour way by creating your own help-type buissness by finding out what servises you can do for wealthier people wwho dont want or have time to do. besdies that keep applying everywhere and dont forget to stay posotive, good luck man.

6. So you basically spammed them with application after application every single day until they hired you?

haha, interesting

7. I plan on it, just not right now. Taking a break from school and just want to live a little bit.

"not ready" and blah blah. I don't really care if its a "waste of my life" but i just want some money in the bank and a new (used) car since mine is falling apart.

And i still need to figure out just what i want to do in college. I'm thinking of business/marketing and eventually opening a smoke shop in my town with a few friends, since we don't have one here, the closest is a 40min drive.

8. It works, Its called dedication.

She even told me when i came in for the interview 'its obvious you want the job'.

I was the only one out of like 15 applicants who she put a 'star' on thier app which means hire on the spot.

My pops taught me that, He did it when he was younger, It works.

9. Yeah, i have multiple apps out right now and in 3 days i'm going to call all of them and be like "Can i speak to a manager?" and to the manager " I submitted an application in a few days ago online, I was wondering if i could come in for an interview."

Wait 3 more days for a call back for an interview.

if nothing bites i'm going to force my way into employment at Kroger using the method you described. The closest one is right up the street.

I'm going to just every fill out application after application and call them every night until they hire me.