Help me figure out this sci-fi story

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by wickedjoker, Aug 12, 2013.

1. I'm writing a short science fiction piece in which humanity builds a space ship that basically cracks into the Earth's core and utilizes the core in some way to power the space craft. The only problem is that I have no idea what process would make this be logical. I don't know enough about physics to make it comprehensible on my own, so I was hoping someone out there with a better understanding of energy production and utilization could give me some information.

What process would convert the earth's core into starship fuel? (while destroying the core, or making it cold and lifeless in the process)

It doesn't have to be completely realistic, but it has to have some kind of logical foundation ya know?

Any advice or input whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. And I'll definitely post the finished story up on here once it's complete.

2. Even though this isn't what you're directly asking for, this might help should you decide to follow down this path..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3v8RnLTML4

3. Oil derrick?
    That's the only realistic answer to your question. But since its fiction, make something up! How about a dynamic phaser that integrates the dynamo magnetism of the inner crust, exploiting super powered electromagnetic fields into quantum energy cells.