Help me educate my principal about weed

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WishfulThinker, Dec 19, 2012.

1. So here's some backstory before anything else, im a senior in high school and up until recently I smoked weed before school and during lunch every day. It was a pretty good time being high at school everyday as I go to a school I already love and have great friends and relationships with teachers. So I always was slightly less careful about how much I smoked at school than my friends and after a while a few people came forward with concerns of how much I was high at school. So then two or so weeks ago I came to school halfway through the day coming down from that morning and my principal comes to ask to talk to me after I had been there for 15 or so minutes. He takes me to the teachers lounge and to my surprise the SRO steps in too and my principal told me how people were concerned about me. Now my principal is a somewhat reasonable guy, he understands we smoke and although he dislikes it around school, he realizes its not so bad. So after he confronts me I obviously say "no I'm 18 I can't be messing with all that I could get it serious trouble and I wouldn't want to mess up my education." Although I did admit to occasionally smoking outside of school in the past. We talked about it for a while and then later that day one of my old friends who was one of the people who were "concerned" and had been super rude to me ever since I started going to school high. And let me clarify, I am aware I shouldn't have been smoking so much at school and I was slightly in the wrong. But it did help me and I wasn't ever obnoxious or rude back to my old friend about smoking. But anyway she starts being a bitch to a friend of mine in class over nothing and I stood up for him and she called me out in front of my teacher and yelled "you come in high everyday I don't care what you say." My teacher is a great guy and used to smoke and totally knew I was high every day. But then he informs me after her outburst and we had left the room that I had a meeting planned with him, another teacher, my dad and the principal after school. So I was nervous but thought it would be fine.. It sucked. They said I had radically changed since the previous years and I couldn't see how I had changed because when you're smoking all the time you can't tell how negatively it's Hurting you. Since I started smoking a lot I have been more productive and happier and more social than ever. Although they were all being super exaggerated I was patient with them as they said I'm risking my future in 100 different ways. Just so you all know, my dad isn't cool with me smoking but we agree to disagree and it's something we talk about and it's not weird since he smoked most of his life. But yeah it was a long ass meeting so I won't get too into it but I can't be late more than 1 day a week and if I look high they will (try) to test me. I also lost off campus lunch. We don't have a cafeteria either so it sucks. But at the end of the meeting my principal says "I have this pamphlet about the effects on you after marijuana use, I know you'll probably not read it but here it is". I politely told him we will never agree probably on marijuana and i doubt I'd read it. He got pretty mad and didn't quite yell but made sure I was aware that that pamphlet was made by the government so it was fact, the government can't lie. Ignorant eh? But he challenged me as I was leaving to bring facts of how great the herb we all love is and he will read them then counter me. I was until today very very hesitant as I thought it would be a waste of time. But now I kind of want to, why not educate people? He is somewhat open minded I believe so he might or might not come to his senses, I feel cautiously optimistic about it though. So here is my question after that long ass story, help me anyway you can to some credible studies, movies, interviews, whatever I need to show him.

Sorry for spelling and grammar, wrote this novel on my phone. Also no short version ;)

2. #2 Chron Man, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
    Sorry I had to made it easier to read before I commented.

Edit: There are plenty of credible documentaries on this, I'll post some after I find the url

3. Go to normls website. I'm out tonight but if I remember tomorrow I'll poke around and post some tomorrow.

4. Just fucking save it for after school....

5. I do now. It's different but its fun leaving all my bud at home then just smoking what I wouldn't smoked throughout the day all at once.

6. She has an updated 2012 list out. Try looking for that.