Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help me educate my mother about marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DkN_Haze, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Okay so about 2 months ago my mother found out I smoked and she lost ALL trust she had in me.. We come from south america were druggies are seen as the worst of the worst basically because all of them are shooting up and doing all the actual damaging drugs.
    So she got mailed some information about the damages of marijuana from the government (she ordered online)
    I am planning on showing her the movie "The Union" and tell her that I accept weed and theres nothing she can do to stop me if I want to smoke except trust me. The problem is that she believes everything this mailed guide says and I want to prove to her this is wrong.. I was hoping you guys would help me find contradicting FACTS to their "Truth about marijuana". Well here is what the paper says:
    1.Marijuana affects your brain-THC affects nerve cells in the part of the brain where memories are formed
    2.Marijuana affects your self-control-Marijuana can seriously affect your sense of time and coordination
    3.Marijuana affects your lungs
    4.Marijuana can be addictive
    5.Smoking marijuana increases your risk of developing pneumonia and other illnesses
    6.Marijuana is a gateway drug
    7.Marijuana can make you feel anxious

Then it has Q&As:
    1.Isn't smoking marijuana less dangerous than smoking cigarettes?
    -No, It's even worse. One joint affects the lungs as much as four cigarettes
    2.Can people become addicted to marijuana?
    -Yes.Research confirms you can become hooked on marijuana. <--MY DICK IN WHOEVER WROTE THIS MOUTH

Please help me help my mother understand the truth about marijuana and not the BS the government is trying to feed us alll
    -All help is kindly appreciated

2. High Times > Top Anti-Drug Researcher Changes His Mind, Says Legalize Marijuana

check that website out...and tell her to read that.

this guy researched it for 30 years. he knows his shit. and he even says alcohol and tobacco are worse for you.

3. sneak her a weed brownie. then she'll know what it's all about. awwww yeeeaaa:smoking:

4. damn that sucks man im sorry

5. Lol, don't try to get her to eat a something she doesn't want to. Try to show her The Union. I hope she's not too closed minded like many people are. Good luck.

6. LOL , dude read my post -.-

7. Watch the Union with her. It should change her views.

8. whats the union?

because if its helpful i actually could use it towards my mom to.

9. Oh wow, where to begin?

1.Marijuana affects your brain-THC affects nerve cells in the part of the brain where memories are formed
    While I do not doubt that it does indeed "affect" your nerve cells, I do highly doubt that it is negative in the long term, and only when you're high.

2.Marijuana affects your self-control-Marijuana can seriously affect your sense of time and coordination
    Yes, it does "affect" these things, but only when you're high. However, it does NOT affect your self-control. ANYTIME you THINK you NEED weed, it is all in your MIND.

3.Marijuana affects your lungs
    No shit sherlock, you're putting combusted material into your lungs. Vaporizing doesn't damage your lungs however. Plus it's not like you're gonna get lung cancer unlike you would if you were to smoke cigarettes for a long period of time.

4.Marijuana can be addictive
    See #2, it's only in your mind. You do not NEED it, your body does not depend on it once it is smoked.

5.Smoking marijuana increases your risk of developing pneumonia and other illnesses
    I think smoking anything is going to weaken your immune system (again this is where vaporizing comes in)

Only if you decide to step out of the playground.

:confused:

1.Isn't smoking marijuana less dangerous than smoking cigarettes?
    -No, It's even worse. One joint affects the lungs as much as four cigarettes.
    No one has ever died from smoking weed. Ever. Tobacco kills like millions upon millions a year?
    2.Can people become addicted to marijuana?
    -Yes.Research confirms you can become hooked on marijuana.
    Once again, it's all in your mind if you think you ever need it. Control the weed, don't let the weed control you.

10. Is your mom religious? If so, then just tell her to read genesis where it said that god made all the herbs and plants. It also said that all that god made was good.

That argument gets those christ fuckers all the time.

11. the problem is all the things your mom read in that govt pamphlet are true, to some extent.

the truth is, your ma will never believe that you smoking is a good thing (unless she tries it) because she is your mother and she believes smoking is bad and she prolly wants the best for you. believe me, there is nothing you can say that will convince your mom that smoking weed can be a positive...ive been trying for like 2 years. i mean I know all that government shit is bullshit, but who is your mom going to believe when it comes to weed, you (a pothead) or the government?

my ma has known i smoke for 2 years. she doesnt like it, but she accepts it because she knows that nothing in my life has really changed for the worse since ive started smoking...in fact she once said to me that she always knows when i come home high and she likes me better when im high cuz im nicer (hahaha). so idk maybe you dont have to tell your mom anything just keep smoing, dont fuck up, and show her thru ur actions that smoking weed is not a detriment to your way of life.
    anyway, stay blazed:smoking:

12. Since when is being effected by something bad?

13. Very true.

I was hoping I'd get some responses from my post.

14. It's true that cannabis has more tar then cigarettes, but it CAN NOT give you lung cancer, it actually has anti cancer effects. And, unlike cigarettes, cannabis opens up your airways when tobacco constructs them, so as long as you don't smoke blunts, your good.
    Definatly show her the union, and read the book The empirer wears no clothes, it shows the history in hemp and marijuana, and the racist propaganda that politicians spread to make society view the plant as bad. I've got a recent thread with the link in activism/legalization section. Tell her about the 13 states that have MEDICAL marijuana.
    I could say a lot more, but only you can persuade her

15. 1. It DOES affect memory and ability to learn in some... while high. But no long term effects after returning to normal.
    2. Marijuana affects your self-control-Marijuana can seriously affect your sense of time and coordination... again, in some while high. Depends on the strain too.
    3. It does affect your lungs... buy a vaporizer.
    4. Bullshit that it's addictive.
    5. It does affect your lungs and it will increase your odds of getting any bacterial infection... buy a vaporizer, save your lungs.
    6. Marijuana IS a gateway drug for many people... so don't step through the gate. Make a pact with yourself that you smoke dope and ONLY dope, and you stay on this side of the gate... end of subject.
    7. Some types cause window wigging (what we used to call it), anxious and paranoid, some don't. Again, it's all temporary, you return to normal when you come back down. Smoke another strain next time?

I have that very same D.A.R.E pamphlet, wanna know what i did with it? It's hanging on the wall in my growroom!!!
    sometimes mom's just worry so much for their children that they are unwilling to look at something clearly right off the bat, just give it time and use all those good sites pointed out for the info.

16. Oh my gawd, i just read your post and i think i just posted the same thing just now. :)

great post, totally accurate.

17. yea you can get addicted to mj. Its not a physical addiction but psycological. Ive been clean for about a month because i am getting tested this summer, but before i took this break I smoked every day for the whole year and for the first week of quitting i was having some serious mental withdrawals like there would be times when i could not concentrate on anything, and i would feel light headed just sitting down. They went away but you can get a dependence on weed.

18. 4.Marijuana can be addictive
    So can video games also, not to mention that caffeine (yes, the caffeine in your coffee!) is more addictive than marijuana and the addiction from cigarettes is considered equal to that of heroin, including withdrawal symptoms (last part from "The Emperor Wears No Clothes")

The gateway theory is no longer in use i thought, never made sense to me as a legitimate argument anyways...
    Gateway Theory Debunked...Again | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)
    Gateway Theory | NORML's Daily Audio Stash

According to this chart, which is quite reliable, several cannabinoids in marijuana have anxiolytic properties, meaning they reduce anxiety. http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/373071-properties-cannabinoids-pic.html

"Marijuana is an effective medical treatment and is neither an addictive nor gateway drug." - Institute for Medicine Study, 1999

Yea and i also strongly suggest watching The Union with her, great documentary

Oh hah yea and almost forgot, for the statistic about your lungs, smoking absolutely ANYTHING is harmful to your lungs, and i hate the misconception that using marijuana means you have to smoke it!

19. You mentioned your from South America. Explain to her(as mentioned by a previous poster) that racism towards hispanics and blacks was used as a tool to outlaw this same plant that is accepted as a safe, herbal medicine in 13 states. Show her "The Union" for sure if she lightens up a little.