help me dry my herb!!!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by chowder420, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ok so i hav been drying my harvest since about saturday at aaround 10 at night and it is now monday around noon. how much longer should i let them dry for??? the leaves r getting crunchy now and the buds r still a little moist.

2. I let mine dry for 5 days but still a little dampness to them. From what i have been reading some people like to wait till you can snap the stem and some like to cure them just before they are that dry. What's the temp that your drying them in.

3. yup i have herd the same but i have also herd to cut them off the stem right before they break like you said and then they put it in paper bags for day or two to dry them more and then it goes into the mason jars to cure. i think im going to try this way :D
    i have had them hanging upside down at about room temp with a fan blowing on it.

4. Wait until you can bend the stem and it snaps, no earlier. Then jar it, you will want them to get a little air one to two times a week for a couple of weeks.

5. A good way to tell if your bud is dry, becides the stem test, is to weigh your bud. It should weigh 75% less when it is dry then when it is first pulled from the soil. Under normal drying conditions, it should take around a week to dry yout bud. But it all depends on the size of your bud, the temp/hummidity, how you trimmed your bud, etc...