Help me design my grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by StangBanger, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Ok guys.. Decided on HPS for flowering. I'm thinking of 1000 watts digital with a hortilux bulb and one of these two hoods..
    $300 to my door
    HTG Supply - Big Daddy 3x3 Reflector
    $270 to my door
    Hydrofarm - Raptor RP8AC 8" Raptor Reflector
    Any opinions? Any others I don't know about? any recommendations on a ballast? I will be using one light for my flowering room. Maybe filling in gaps with dropped in cfls.

2. I've heard that most bulbs aren't compatible with the new digital ballasts. Not that they won't work, but that they burn out much quicker.
    There are some bulbs that have been designed to work with digital ballasts (maybe the one you're looking at, Idk) but I would double check.

Best of luck!

3. I currently have a 15' x 15' slab in back yard and want to build grow room for max yield, I need idea's please???

4. No height restrictions? Does it have electrical and water access? What method of grow would you choose to go with?

5. #25 StangBanger, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012
    Ok guys almost ready to flower..I just bought the hydro farm raptor Hood..( looks beast!) Got a hortilux 1000 watt HPS bulb and and bassass digital dimmable ballast. Havent put it together but believe pics will be up once it is.. also..yesterday I transplanted my clones into 3 gallon nursery pots and everything is veggind under the cfls for now..once the hps is set up I will do 24-48 hour dark period then flower.

6. Sorry for the lack of pic updates..but the room is definitely a work in progress. Coming together slowly but growing it as its being completed...LOL ill update some pics later today. Also, I need to buy a Ph meter so I can adjust my water.. I've just been using a PUR filter on my sink for water. Any recommendations?

7. Ok guys..first time throwing hps on for flower..started far away about 1.5' away..had a little tacoing of the top leaves so I moved it to 2' away..still have some tacoing and reverse tacoing(the edges curve down) think its still too close? Also I've been reading that hps doesn't supply a wide enough spectrum...should I drop in a few 2,700k cfls to help out? Also one of my ladies looks like it needs more K what can I throw in there that's high in K?

8. OMG you're an engineer with six sigma training!

9. So fucking amazing

10. It's has been going on for a bit..going ok but DEF need to fine tune things to reach bigger harvests. Experimenting with different setups and feedings and whatnot.