Help me design my grow room please

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by rastallama, Mar 26, 2014.

1. #1 rastallama, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    Hello, im new and been skulking around... quite an impressive amount of info and help on these forums. Ive had one small grow in the past and it was nice, nothing fancy.  

I have a nice space in my basement, unfinished cement walls and floors with exposed joists above with some plumbing.  the whole area is 16' x 9' (144sqft) and 7' high...

I plan on making 2x4 walls/floors/ceiling with plywood/osb sheathing and wrapped in mylar... I plan on making 3 "rooms"... 

1st room is the flower room with 2 x 1000Watt hps/mh with e-balasts and a SCROG setup, organic soil in fabric bags... thank you to Marapa, i learned a lot from your posts... 

2nd room is the work room where I plan on having all the wires, ballasts, and "other stuff" as well as a small bench to do the cuttings, mess with soil, vent the rooms to...

3rd room is the germination, seedlings, clones and mother room running on flourescents... I dont have a great idea on the design of this room beyond a shelf type system with germination on the top, seedlings in the middle and mothers on the bottom...  i think...

My first challenge is building the walls...  I dont quite know how big to make each room... im kinda handy, i learn a lot by doing, but that takes longer and is often more expensive... i dont know the shortcuts yet...  

the seeds are on the way from 3 different places, so hopefully the all make it...  

ANY HELP WITH MY DESIGN WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED... i felt i had to yell that, sorry.
    How big should I make each room???

144sq ft space.jpg
    Back Wall is 16feet long.jpg

2. #2 snoopdog6502, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    Put a wall down the middle, hang mylar  curtains and dont close anything in. leave an air space at the top and bottom.

I grow on tables and put ballast on a milk crate. Mylar hangs from the ceiling and I roll it up and clothes pin it up to work on the plants.

I run my 1,000w lights with no fans not all boxed in so temperatures are good.

Too many people box shit in then have to run a shitload of fans to keep it from being an oven.

I just harvested 10 plants today and will get some new pictures of my set up. Moved my hydro plants into my flower room :)

3. @[member="snoopdog6502"] Thank you... I just checked your garden and it looks real nice... i like the popcorn boxes and blueberry plants... i havent seen booberry around here for a while...

Just draping mylar will certainly save me a ton of money and time, thanks for the idea.