Help me design my grow closet

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nate82, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Hey guys. This is my first post here long time lurker, finally going to take the plunge and start growing. The area I'm working with is a 2' X 3' closet with a slanted back wall at about a 60 degree angle. I am hoping to maximize space and get at least 6 plants in there, ideally 8. I have read that a general rule of thumb is 1000 lumens per sq ft. So I figure that I could hopefully get away with a 400w hps/mh combo NEW GROW LIGHT DIGITAL 400 WATT HPS AND MH 120 240 VOLT - eBay (item 120466951917 end time Sep-11-09 13:43:24 PDT)
    ^that one. I'm not sure if this light will be sufficient. I could also add a few CFLS to supplement. Looking for any advice or suggestions.

Thanks,
    Nate

2. I was also thinking I could go strictly CFLs to keep the heat down... but I don't know if it would be practical to grow 6 plants under CFLs because I would need like 600 watts. Could I use Cfls on such a large scale?

3. Yes you can.

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVxSsqCKJSg]YouTube - Kush and whitewidow grow room[/ame]

5. Hey Tony cool video. Mind giving some details about your light set up?